What do you think?

They're both made out of the same material, and if anything T&E sheath is thicker

Sponsored Links
Proper grommet strip, or at least the stuff I've encountered, is a lot more flexible than T/E sheath - I think it might have been butyl rather than PVC.

Sponsored Links
Proper grommet strip, or at least the stuff I've encountered, is a lot more flexible than T/E sheath - I think it might have been butyl rather than PVC.

Everything I've come across is PVC. It's much more flexible than most T&E sheath, though.

I used round head screws on the p clips. I didn't think it made too much difference inside the adaptable box, but I'll go back and change them if you like :LOL:
Yup.

Use S/S cap heads.

That's if you can get the one in the LH end of the DIN rail out again... :evil:

It's a scouts and guides meeting hall. It's constructed almost exclusively from timber, and has a bit of a rodent problem, which is virtually impossible to prevent.
That'll be the younger ones.

There's a group that children can join which comes before Cubs and Brownies. Years ago I was walking past our local hut and I saw one of my wife's friends waiting outside, so I smiled and said hello. I couldn't remember her name, so when I got home I tried to describe her to my wife.

She couldn't work out who I meant, so she asked "Did you see her Beaver?"

:eek: :LOL: :LOL:

Maybe the reason we all think it's made of something different is that you can get it in a number of different materials?

PVC
Butyl
Nylon

:?:

tut tut, a couple of those terminals are not exactly in line. There must be nearly a millimetre of difference.

I think you should chastise yourself severely!! :)

(nice job)

Looks very smart. I have a few questions if you would be so kind...

Have you terminated the MI cable in that enclosure and then run the other cable to a CU.

I would be interested in knowing the names of those connector blocks and the enclosure.

It was mentioned that MI runs hot, how hot?

never used MI before but it looks very smart, how common is its use still, had a quick look at online retailers, seems many don't stock it.

I would be interested in knowing the names of those connector blocks and the enclosure.
There are dozens of makes of DIN rail terminals - all sorts of options available, but the basic through terminals all look pretty much the same - what is it about those particular ones which interests you?

The enclosure looks like a plain old galvanised adaptable box.

It was mentioned that MI runs hot, how hot?
4G1 & 4G2 ;)

Was taught that micc glands should never be terminated with locknuts, had to use couplings and male bushes with the pot enclosed in the coupling.

Not sure why, perhaps it was to protect the pot.

Two reasons :-

- To give you more room in the enclosure
- To stop strain on the pot when dressing the cables in the enclosure

ban-all-sheds";p="1578903 said:

I was looking at some din rail connectors and they were open on one side. by that I mean you could see the cable going in and the clamping mechanism. When you tightened the screw it pushed the clamp out a little. I could not understand that. I will see if I can get a picture of one in case you don't understand what I mean.

Hmm have not got the hang of this quote thingy, I wanted to quote BAS

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back