What happens next.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So a doddery old man, climbs a ladder and decides to clear the gutter. What's the worst that can happen? Before you look, see if you can guess.
Hope he was insured.

Sponsored Links
Poor chap.

I have never done any guttering or gutter clearing, but I am trying to figure out why he was using a hot air gun. Was he using it as a leaf blower perhaps?

AdamW said:
Poor chap. I am trying to figure out why he was using a hot air gun.

Yeah me too.

Our window cleaner does ours annually for a meer £12.50 and does a fine job of the underside as well. I would never fancy hanging off a ladder way up there

Sponsored Links
Perhaps they were cast gutters and he was trying to dry them for painting or repairing a leak or WHY.

They are both very lucky to have survive the stress and worry this must of caused them. Lets hope they will both be OK.

A real shame.

But could be avoided if they did a "Risk Accessment"

Example, what could go wrong ? Say a fire started, how am'I going to put the fire out ? a garden hose ready, watering can or fire blanket and so on. Do I need to tie the ladder in ? Do I need a buddy holding my ladder. The lists is endless.

The trouble as with most job is, people will go straight into the job without thinking about the risks.

eighty year old man/ladder a lethal combination anyway in my opinion :LOL: ;) :LOL: ;)

But could be avoided if they did a "Risk Accessment"

"Do I?"
"Do I need?"
"Do I need to ?"
"Do I need to bother?"

A shame.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back