What have you been doing today?

Steam cleaning bathroom & kitchen floors, turned bathroom into a mini sauna, cooling off for bit now

Sponsored Links
Yes, must be careful with letter spacing for anyone called Clint. ;)

Factory I do some work at had somebody going round making a publicity video, one of the operators of the main CNC machine was wearing ear defenders with the altered CLINT word written on the side, some clever editing removed it when it was noticed

Spent 4 hours removing weeds and digging over one bed on my new allotment plot. Another 8 to go. Bloody knackering!

My bargain eBay purchase of a Hive Active 2 channel heating and hot water thermostat and receiver arrived today. Practically brand new and only £25. I had it fitted and working in less than half an hour. Didn’t have any 1.0mm t&e laying about so I had to nick 18” of flex from my extension lead.

Verdict from Mrs Mottie: "It’s ugly, get rid of it, put the old one back". Hostilities have commenced! :cautious:

Sponsored Links
Off to a three times cancelled wedding today, staying overnight and then a four times cancelled one tomorrow!

My bargain eBay purchase of a Hive Active 2 channel heating and hot water thermostat and receiver arrived today. Practically brand new and only £25. I had it fitted and working in less than half an hour. Didn’t have any 1.0mm t&e laying about so I had to nick 18” of flex from my extension lead.

Verdict from Mrs Mottie: "It’s ugly, get rid of it, put the old one back". Hostilities have commenced! :cautious:
I fitted a Heatmiser one years ago, saved a fortune in gas as SWMBO couldn't work it. Changed to standard prog stats after a while to cut back on the ear ache. One tight wad customer took the transmitting stat to work with him so his wife couldn't turn the heating up. Showed her how to over ride it, and hey presto, uncontrolled heating. I would have liked to be a fly on the wall when he got home.

Recently got back my nieces wedding which was yesterday. It wasn't an actual wedding - it had been cancelled several times already due to Covid so on the third attempt due to restrictions they just went ahead and got married with just 6 guests a few months ago. Yesterday was a blessing or something like that that was planned to go ahead after the actual wedding. It was held in a barn in some woods and it was one of the most unusual do's I’ve been to. The ceremony was held in the woods with an 'actor' friend carrying out the 'service' and instead of hymns we sang a few pop songs! The bride and bridesmaids arrived by tractor and later on, the farmer was doing tractor rides around the woods for everyone. We had a bonfire in the evening, loads of games for kids etc, a fantastic sit down meal and around 10.00, a man arrived with portable equipment and just cooked chips for everyone. Only one thing could have been a fly in the ointment and that was that a live band from Leeds that had been booked and paid for for over two years, phoned a few hours before they were due to arrive claiming to have broken down. :mad: Luckily the groom and many of his mates are in a band so a few people went with them to collect all their gear from storage which wasn’t too far away and they provided the entertainment. It was a right good night.

504C43E0-5051-4247-8B26-79FEEB59D4F8.jpeg

Got another wedding to go to tonight - I’ll be cream crackered by tomorrow!

Dismantled the spa as the weather is not looking too good for the rest of the 'summer', (and the only people who seem to have time to use it are family & friends!).
Cut the back lawns and my 'acquired' 4 metre stretch of the meadow next door.
Now going shopping. :(

Just back from wedding number 2 in 2 days. A mate of mine. I remember going to the engagement party…….26 years ago! I've had enough weddings for a while now. Got our daughters and our sons next year - sons should have been in 11 days time but a few months ago they postponed it for a whole year because of the restrictions that didn’t look like being lifted……..

My Nespresso Creatista plus went on strike today. Wouldn’t let me use it until I descaled it. My fault - it had been warning me for a week. Made a bit of a hash of it as I ran the descaler through twice and it threw an electronic hissy fit. Cocked the whole thing up and it locked me out. Tried turning it off, leaving it but no joy. Took ages to sort out but back up and running now. Being a meany, I emptied the used rescaling solution into my kettle and it brought that up as good as new too. Busy, busy day. :rolleyes:

Went for a walk with my dog to my allotment to pick some beans and now getting ready to pop up to my workshop to help a builder mate out. He put his van in a ditch at the weekend. Got it out but tyre has come off of rim, fuel tank strap is broken and he’s ripped a few wires out - says the ABS and traction control lights are on. Plonker!

BC28807C-81A0-4E4D-9B25-A4036C8A8EA8.jpeg

Bike ride to the Buddhist centre for coffee & carrot cake in the grounds, very tranquil

Sponsored Links
Back