What have you been doing today?

Went for a walk with my dog to my allotment to pick some beans and now getting ready to pop up to my workshop to help a builder mate out. He put his van in a ditch at the weekend. Got it out but tyre has come off of rim, fuel tank strap is broken and he’s ripped a few wires out - says the ABS and traction control lights are on. Plonker!

View attachment 242420
Replaced both front wishbones - one bent when he went off, the other bent when they dragged him out. Tyre fixed - valve was broken, still got to set the tracking tomorrow, repair the brake sensor wiring, sort out the fuel tank bracket and the add blue tank cover and wiring. He's going to owe me big time when this is done!

Sponsored Links
Currently I’m in the minor injuries unit at the moment. Picked up an injury searching for a lost dog in a lake and got something stuck in the sole of my foot. Could have been worse - I was only in my underpants at the time!

5BC48C9C-92C1-4955-89CB-84880B98D51D.jpeg

Well, they dug this out of my foot and when I say dug, they ****ing dug! Had to stop halfway though and give me an anaesthetic injection. That was worse than the initial digging but to be fair, they told me it would be. I must have got that when scrabbling out of the lake. I ended up rolling out looking like a fat, mud covered walrus! They told me to see my doctor about getting a tetanus jab but when I phoned up, they said if I’ve had three in my lifetime, I’m fully protected. I’ve had three at least.

We had six dogs run down to the lake and jump in. When we got down there we could only see four and one of those we had to scruff out of the lake due to the steep sides. Two were missing and didn’t respond to the whistle (they are well trained working dogs and have never done this). As far as we could tell, they had all run down, four had jumped in but two had came back but we had taken a different route down and missed them. They went off searching for us. Anyway, when I had been in the lake for a few minutes searching amongst the reeds (this was at least 5 minutes after we had been running up and down the bank looking for them), someone came along asked us if we had lost a pup. My friend followed their directions and found them a fair way away leaving me floundering trying to get out the lake! Relief of the highest order I can tell you. We both thought we'd be taking two bodies home with us. Of course, then it was all laughs but I tell you, we were both frantic and near to tears at the time.

Last edited:
Skip diving for cycles! Well, not exactly diving - they were propped up against a skip in the next street to me. I knocked and asked first and took them into my workshop this morning. One needs a new rear wheel as it’s badly buckled but the other one has come up fine. A clean, a lube, a few adjustments to the brakes, replaced an outer gearshift cable and set up the gears, pumped the tyres up and it’s as good as new. Going to give it to my daughter in law as she’s changing jobs soon and will be working very local to where they live so was thinking of cycling to work. It’s a Cannondale M600. There’s a secondhand one on eBay for £245! My one has a rather fancy sprung seat post as well - I tried to swap it onto my Trek but it’s a slightly different size. :mad: Given me an idea for a more comfortable ride though.

Sponsored Links
Usual bike ride up to the windmills, saw a car parked at the side of the road in a rather dark & gloomy wooded area, aye aye I thought, anyway just a geezer on his own "asleep"

Removing bastard fenceposts - all blown and all (bar one) snapped when trying to move leaving 2 foot of post buried underground with tree roots all around them.

Got one of these Digging Bars from Toolstation which was an absolute godsend for breaking the post create up https://www.toolstation.com/roughneck-digging-bar/p48155

Dug around 2-3 sides of each post as much as I could (with the roots), then tied a rope to the visible rebar and used my 2 ton hydraulic car jack to pull the posts out of the ground.

5 hours and 7 blisters later and all 8 posts were out :)

IMG_6535.JPG

A bit of filling and another coat of paint on the doorframe that the new doors were fitted to yesterday and while waiting for the filler to dry, I’ve knocked up a chicken curry for our tea tonight. I might even go and make a start on the ironing. A househusbands work is never done….:rolleyes:

93FC832B-3AC7-4B78-93A6-FBC7F5132FB9.jpeg 2A3B4DC7-B80F-43EC-9DAB-05169D62E395.jpeg 960534EF-D3DE-40F4-A84A-5D5CECF74339.jpeg

Fitted a sprung seat post to my bike along with a gel seat cover. Luxury. :)
That sounds like a good idea. My arris always feels as if it’s done a few rounds after I’ve been on my bike, even for a short time.

While I am waiting for my coffee pod machine to be collected for repair, I’ve had to resort to old skool. I went out and bought some filter coffee and dug out this from the depths of the cupboard.

A71E09F0-F8CB-4617-AEB8-7F8F6B097064.jpeg

You fill it with coffee and water, stick it on the gas. Wait. Wait. Wait some more and then………..a coffee ejaculation!

1156FC3C-1095-46F6-8D8C-D384E504EA45.jpeg

Ah well, simple things please simple minds. :rolleyes::LOL:

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back