What have you been doing today?

Sponsored Links
A lot swankier than when we were there, it wasn't much more than a fish and chip shop then, definitely same spot though.
After a long drive from London it was a joy to follow the estuary down to Barmouth but the road from Barmouth to Llanbedr was pure bliss, did it every few weeks for about 6 years. One of the most beautiful parts of the country.

Oh - happy birthday secure! I'm pretty sure you are 55 today as well as me.:)
Shhhh! Don't give the game away....

Anyway, however old we are, we get to knock a year off because 2020 doesn't count!

Hope you had a great day!

Last edited:
Coming home from Hampshire today and listening to Jeremy Vine talking about the lack of insects that get splattered on car windscreens when I saw a grasshopper type insect hanging on for dear life on my door mirror. He must have been holding on for a good 25 minutes after I first saw him. I pulled in to the services at Winchester to let him go. I was surprised his wings and antenna weren’t shredded as they weren’t half flapping around! I thought I saw him mouth the words 'Thank you' as I helped him down and set him free on a patch of grass. :rolleyes: I wished him a good life and left him to it. :)

5815FFD1-EDC0-4B65-971B-7F177311539F.jpeg

E6F6008A-3CB2-43E5-A38B-24EFA7CD63CA.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Cleaned all the downstairs windows, inside and out. Sorting all my screws out into size and length order and now stored in a compartmentalised pull out drawer. No more faffing around with fingers in jars or tipping a few, (many!), out just to get one. Ran a new length of cable in for my new security light which arrived about 6.30pm so said sod it till tomorrow. Also got lots of twist drill bits to size and store tomorrow. Oh what an exciting life I'm having at the moment.

Sorting all my screws out into size and length order and now stored in a compartmentalised pull out drawer. No more faffing around with fingers in jars or tipping a few, (many!), out just to get one.
I got fed up with that so I bought a compartmentalised box of screws of different sizes and thicknesses. About a week in I finished a job, picked the box up and I’d forgotten to fasten the lid so the bloody lot fell out. Back to square one. Oh how Mrs Mottie laughed. :mad:

I got fed up with that so I bought a compartmentalised box of screws of different sizes and thicknesses. About a week in I finished a job, picked the box up and I’d forgotten to fasten the lid so the bloody lot fell out. Back to square one. Oh how Mrs Mottie laughed. :mad:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: We've all done it. My drawer is not portable though. Solely for use in the workshop. I've got 2 or 3 of those multi size screws kits but I usually end up with lots of very large ones or very small ones that I have no use for. My main size range is around 4mm x 16-50mm and 5mm x 50-100mm but as I don't use the 5mm very often I just buy as and when needed.

I’ve been over the velodrome in the Olympic park today to discuss some consultancy work for an organisation based there. It was a little bit of a walk to get to from Stratford station - it couldn’t be any further at the back of the park. Still, once business was concluded I decided to have a go on what used to be known as a 'Boris' bike. Had a little cycle around the place while I was there - last time I went was when we went to the 2012 games.

B8AFCCDA-1061-46A7-881F-96F2FB65D68F.jpeg

Having an easy day today. Mooched around with the kittens this morning trying to get them out in the garden. Fred, the toughie in the house, was literally a scaredy cat and took a lot of prompting to coax out on to the step. A pigeon flapped it's wings in a nearby tree and he scampered back in doors! George(ina), who is quite timid in the house took the bull by the horns and went exploring amongst the bushes and flower beds. She too ran back indoors when the pigeon made a noise.
Took my wife and stepson for lunch at one of our favourite Chinese buffets.
I may get round to mowing the lawns before going swimming this evening. Oh and I still have a security light to fix up.

Day off as I felt a bit rough yesterday, went out on bike to buy some eggs, after three of my usuals were bereft of my ovoid objects, fourth time lucky after 23 miles of up hill and down dale

Been over the allotment today harvesting a nice supply of veg.

B41BD809-66B8-415B-AA09-53DDA1EE1F4E.jpeg

Officially told that I had my new plot today so made a start on that - got a fair way to go yet though!

E1565507-358C-4B8D-BAF8-E619C36793B0.jpeg E20882A9-793C-4545-A90F-EA13F5F55578.jpeg

Putting up a huge marquee tent for a 4 way birthday celebration tomorrow.
Now going out for a meal as we are all too tired to stay in and cook.

At our local cinema, they used to hang the names of the current films/stars that they were showing. Once, someone removed the space pushed the L right next to the I on CLINT EASTWOOD's name.

Yes, must be careful with letter spacing for anyone called Clint. ;)

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back