What have you been doing today?

Sponsored Links
You better get back on your thread, you’re dropping behind. How about asking what colour socks you’re wearing - that’ll get you 50 posts easily.

Sponsored Links
Sold a highly desireable motorcycle part on eBay & while processing the courier label something in the back of my mind just 'clicked'. I googled the address & it turns out it's someone REALLY famous & a big hero of mine using a pseudonym. I emailed him & it turns out to be someone he employs just to maintain his collection. So I respectfully asked if I could deliver personally . . . . "Of course you can, he won't be here, he's away, but I'll show you 'round if you like".

So tomorrow, me & No'1 son will be doing a 300ml+ round trip & might get to sit in a real F1 car :)

Sold a highly desireable motorcycle part on eBay & while processing the courier label something in the back of my mind just 'clicked'. I googled the address & it turns out it's someone REALLY famous & a big hero of mine using a pseudonym. I emailed him & it turns out to be someone he employs just to maintain his collection. So I respectfully asked if I could deliver personally . . . . "Of course you can, he won't be here, he's away, but I'll show you 'round if you like".

So tomorrow, me & No'1 son will be doing a 300ml+ round trip & might get to sit in a real F1 car :)
Wow! When you’re there tell him I’ve still got a set of points for a Puch Maxi if he's interested. I can deliver too! :whistle:

Last edited:
Went over the allotment at the agreed time to handover my plot to the new person(s) and they didn’t show. Did a bit of weeding for an hour or so in the ****ing rain and still no show. Allotment manager was there too. I think they may have their plot offer taken back!

Getting ready for hols next Thursday selecting my holiday socks to suit my sandals :whistle:, threw out a bag of old socks, shirts & trousers tomorrow

Went over the allotment at the agreed time to handover my plot to the new person(s) and they didn’t show. Did a bit of weeding for an hour or so in the ****ing rain and still no show. Allotment manager was there too. I think they may have their plot offer taken back!

It would only be fair if you gave them another chance.....

Can I suggest having an emergency meeting with the Allotment manager and until a decision is made you could put them on Garden leave?

Nip this one in the bud and don't let the grass grow under your feet.

Can I suggest having an emergency meeting with the Allotment manager and until a decision is made you could put them on Garden leave?

Nip this one in the bud and don't let the grass grow under your feet.

They know the drill. We're a pretty hardy bunch over there - they are behaving like a couple of dead-heads. We'll have to contact them and get to the root of the problem and hope they haven’t bolted. They may be a couple of saplings and were put off by the rain but if they’re going to join or allotment, they’re going to need to harden off pretty quickly.

Sponsored Links
Back