What have you been doing today?

Covid cases are going the wrong way here in CZ. Government are introducing another state of emergency, but not a full close down like last time. Pubs and reataurants will have to close at 10pm, which is no problem in the week as they generally close at 10pm anyway. Bit of a bind weekends as pubs are generally open until midnight. Still, things not too restrictive as masks only required in shops and on public transport. Only other noticeable reg is having to show vax cert if going to pub or restaurant. Still managing to get my beer rations.

Sponsored Links
Started painting my downstairs bog today. Mrs Mottie bought some paint called 'Timeless'. I can't see the difference between that and the ivory cream that was already on it so I named it 'Pointless'.
We have Timeless on the HS&L.

I fear someone has unintentionally gone off-roading.
You’re not far wrong! To start with, these bikes are the absolute top of the range. They have all sorts of electronic wizardry on them including keyless ignition. That was one of the problems! At the 1st fuel stop, one of the riders had a message flash up ‘key not found’ which basically meant that he’d lost the key from his pocket. Now, you can only open the fuel tank flap within 30 seconds of switching off. You have to switch off to be able to do that. He couldn’t switch off as he would not be able to start again. So we left him there ticking over while we backtracked an off-road section looking for the key. An hour or so wasted looking for that as we couldn’t find it. He had a quarter of a tank left and we had over 200 miles to go. Just by chance I unclipped his quick release tank bag (fitted to the tank around the filler area) and found that the twonk hadn’t properly closed his tank filler yesterday so we’re able to refuel him. We then set off and stopped about an hour later for a coffee. We had to leave his bike running. We then went to do an off-road section in some woods near a reservoir and he hit a fallen tree and fell off. He got stuck under the bike and because he hadn’t closed the cap, petrol was gushing out over him. I was right behind and managed to lay my bike down, whip his tank bag off and snap the tank filler closed. We then got the bike off of him. He had a cut to his leg but we heard someone talking and it turned out these bikes have an SOS feature on them and had automatically summonsed help and it was the operator talking in Spanish. Our guide told her we were okay so the emergency services were cancelled. Trouble was, the bike had stalled and there was now no way to start it plus it was a mile or so from the road. We rode the other bikes out, I looked after them while the others went back to get the bike. Luckily the track went round a reservoir which was low so they pushed it to the shore and pushed it all the way round to the road. They were knackered. We then had to them wait a couple of hours while an emergency key was sent to us to enable us to start the bike and ride it back to base. An eventful day bring topped off by all five of us being told that because we hadn’t filled in a new form that was sent to us mid-trip by BA, that they had cancelled our bookings for tomorrow. They said they could rectify it for £75 per person and we told them to **** off. We are going to have it out with them at check in tomorrow. So basically that’s been our last day on something that was advertised as a ‘stress buster’ trip! A few pics.
97A9CE89-AE2A-4BE2-AA1E-4ED73E3D707F.jpeg

F1337AE4-69FB-423F-BB1A-E6C2239172C4.jpeg
52C3A60E-947D-4272-9251-9378C798AF13.png
9EE7B080-576A-4BAC-9DA7-32318321DF88.jpeg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
We, (as in whole family of 9), have spent a fantastic day in London at The Drury Lane Theatre watching a performance of the musical Frozen! Laugh if you wish but it was absolutely amazing! The theatre staff were friendly and polite, (one even went and got my wife a free bottle of coke when she said she needed a sugar hit!), the special effects were stunning and the actors/actresses were spot on with their timings. Their timings and the effects were so spectacular that at the end they got a full house standing ovation which lasted a good five minutes.
If you want to see some of the effects have a look on YT.

Well, it has been rebuilt a few times.

And it backs onto Drury Lane.

Maybe when it was rebuilt, the orientation was changed.

correct.

last time it burned down, they used the same site, but the new building was constructed to face Catherine Street.

Working in a church cellar today, removed a few redundant switches, I saw a name & date scratched in the plaster behind one, "P Dow January 1942" I wonder what was going through his mind when he wrote that, middle of WW2, not knowing what the outcome would be, a bit like today really.

Working in a church cellar today, removed a few redundant switches, I saw a name & date scratched in the plaster behind one, "P Dow January 1942" I wonder what was going through his mind when he wrote that, middle of WW2, not knowing what the outcome would be, a bit like today really.
I had a similar experience in a loft of a house, name and date in rendering on gable wall. Search on a WWII bomb drop map shows a hit near the house a little earlier.

Got home from my biking holiday today. Massive queue at Malaga on the BA check-in due to a computer glitch. Mind you, the queues in Heathrow through passport control were just two deep. Oh, and for the first time in absolutely years, I got my passport stamped when entering and leaving Spain. :)

He was talking about the weather....said it pizzed down in January.

Sponsored Links
Back