What have you been doing today?

Excuse me. Anybody reading that would think I had gone mad.

Instead, what happens is falling asleep.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Working in a church cellar today, removed a few redundant switches, I saw a name & date scratched in the plaster behind one, "P Dow January 1942" I wonder what was going through his mind when he wrote that, middle of WW2, not knowing what the outcome would be, a bit like today really.

I have often left a message on the job. We gutted & rebuilt my No'2 daughters first house & I wrote a few lines to her in pencil on the most inaccessible part of the staircase. She & her then bf redecorated it together before they sold it shortly before they married, he found it but kept it quiet from her, promised me he'd write similar in the new home.

Pass. Of course! :whistle:

Naturally they tried to sell me a couple of tyres for the rear which I politely refused. Cracked - my arse!

View attachment 247141

Just taken the A3 to Halfords for a free MOT test. Passed with flying colours of course and look as they might while carrying out a 'free health check', they weren't even able to find any advisories. :sneaky:

Been out for my birthday meal with Mrs Mottie, our son, our daughter, their partners and our grandchild. Bloody perfect day. :love:

I got Gin from my son and wine from my daughter - what are they trying to say.......

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Brought some Christmas stuff home from our lock-up across town. Intention was to check them over and clean/repair anything that needed doing and then start to put them up next weekend. Invitation to grandsons second birthday in London next weekend arrived in post so tree went up and was decorated this afternoon. It is now officially the start of Christmas in our house so the Baileys has been cracked open this evening and we are now watching the second Nanny McPhee. :)

Just taken the A3 to Halfords for a free MOT test. Passed with flying colours of course and look as they might while carrying out a 'free health check', they weren't even able to find any advisories. :sneaky:
Surely if there were any advisories, they'd have been noted as part of the MOT.

Talking of advisories, we got our FR-V and the kids' Space Star MOTd yesterday and all the tyres on the Honda were listed as close to the limit on tread.

While they have done 29K, the boss agreed with me that they were nowhere near close. He admitted advisories are the personal opinion of the tester.

On the same subject, the Mitsub's sills which were on last year's MOT as an advisory (sills have corrosion not affecting rigidity) have not appeared on this year's MOT.

On the same subject, the Mitsub's sills which were on last year's MOT as an advisory (sills have corrosion not affecting rigidity) have not appeared on this year's MOT.
Last year I received an advisory on the steering head bearings being notchy on my bike. This year, same tester, it wasn't even mentioned.

Like opinions being written in EICRs, this needs tidying up.

Your average driver doesn't know these advisories are the tester's opinion and not strictly measured against a framework like those points tested on the MOT.

Like opinions being written in EICRs, this needs tidying up.

Your average driver doesn't know these advisories are the tester's opinion and not strictly measured against a framework like those points tested on the MOT.
I don't know about that. Sometimes it's good for the tester to be able to give their personal opinion. :whistle:

Weighing up the damage to my van which was parked in school grounds, a member of staff though she could squeeze through the gap in the minibus, she could have but lacked the necessary skills, i.e. looking in a mirror.

Been out tonight with Mrs Mottie for a meal. We tried out a new Thai chain restaurant in Hornchurch called the 'Giggling Squid'. A vegetarian friend of ours tried to put a damper on it by saying "I bet that squid wasn't giggling when they dropped it in that pan of boiling oil". I told her I didn't care - the adrenaline was what probably makes it so tender.............

Removing an old floodlight from a tree, managed to unscrew the JB lid, then a good amount of black sludge ran down my fleece, it stunk like the water from a vase of flowers that have been stood too long, fleece went in the wash, no matter how much scrubbing I did the smell was still on my hands hours later , yuk

Sponsored Links
Back