What have you been doing today?

I've been running around like a headless chicken all morning.
I'm going back to Tenerife today after 9 days at home, wherever that is now.
I'm on the airport bus now. The airport bus is easy, I can get it 5 minutes from my door.

Sponsored Links
Did a job in town this afternoon, walking back to the van I was overtaken by a guy carrying a holdall, well dressed, he turned down an alley near my van, when I git in a and was writing my timesheet I glanced down the alley, he had put his bag down and was guzzling a can of Boddies, it was about 3 degrees and pouring down, each to his own :confused:

Getting on with fixing wood fibre insulation on the walls ready to lime plaster.
8E1AF665-2AE5-401C-A427-522E29A9D1D6.jpeg 48705241-0022-4940-906A-F68B44398FDE.jpeg

Did a job in town this afternoon, walking back to the van I was overtaken by a guy carrying a holdall, well dressed, he turned down an alley near my van, when I git in a and was writing my timesheet I glanced down the alley, he had put his bag down and was guzzling a can of Boddies, it was about 3 degrees and pouring down, each to his own :confused:
I'm just standing drinking Boddies in the rain.......

Sponsored Links
Had to go to work today to verify some assessments in West London. The bloody trains were packed solid compared to when I go there during the week with many BAMEs not wearing masks. :mad: It was only one stop away from Westfield shopping centre so I called in there before going home. The place is absolutely massive compared to the one at Stratford. I was looking for a particular jumper in the White Company for Mrs Mottie that was out of stock everywhere and online. No luck there either so I ended up buying one from another store even though we agreed to buy just one present each this year. That'll be the fourth one I've bought her so far. I know I'm going to get told off on Christmas morning. :LOL:

Took advantage of the mild, dry weather today and went over the allotment this morning, laying paving slabs for my shed base. Shed is coming in January. Bloody heavy council pavement ones too. I had 15 of them to lay onto a dry sand/cement mix. I did 10 of them and noticed I only had 20 minutes to get home for the start of the Grand Prix. Dashed home and then realised that I'd read my watch wrong - it was 5 to 12, not 5 to 1. Ballcocks, I could have finished it today! :mad:

There was a reason for you getting home early. You may never find out what it was but there was one.

Christmas lights and reindeer set up in the back garden. Front tree and Christmas strobe light set up in front garden for passing pedestrians/drivers to admire. Watched the race and now sitting down watching re-runs of the Vicar of Dibley.

Starting to get ready for the long drive home for Xmas from CZ - cue Chris Rea. 1100 miles door to door, so going to spread it out a bit. Head for Pas De Calais/Nord area of France to prepare for all the hoops to get back onto Blighty. Will stay a night or two (not sure where yet) in France. Hope the van makes it laden with Czech beer. Weather starting to turn here so don't want to stay too long into winter. Suppose they're good at keeping the roads open here though.

I've had a PRU pestering me for some time to take some students in. We arranged a couple of 'taster' sessions for them this week. First one was today and they bought three down. All had an individual tutor accompany them. They told me one was a handful but the others were okay. The one who was supposed to be a handful took to it like a duck to water and I let him change the oil and filter on my bike, one of the others hadn't made his mind up and was just checking his options but the other one was rude, wouldn't wear a mask and said he wasn't interested and didn't want to be there. I made him wait outside while I dealt with the others. Got others coming in this week too. Possibly start them in January if they can agree to my T&C's and price.

Pupil Referral Unit ? Mrs CB works for children services & I hear the term frequently

At work, I seem to have been adopted by a cat that keeps coming into my yard. I know some say it gives them the squits but I gave it a little drop of milk today - not the whole lot in the picture - I took it away after 30 seconds or so. I might take a tin of sardines in for it next time I'm in.

53F6AA69-72D3-471C-9DDD-B6FF793D5C79.jpeg

At work, I seem to have been adopted by a cat that keeps coming into my yard. I know some say it gives them the squits but I gave it a little drop of milk today - not the whole lot in the picture - I took it away after 30 seconds or so. I might take a tin of sardines in for it next time I'm in.

View attachment 254281
Looks in good nick, probably got several feeding stops

Sponsored Links
Back