What have you been doing today?

Head down the poo pit again, disconnecting pumps & probes ready for the contractors tomorrow, portaloos arrived, very snazzy I must say, LED mood lighting, extract fans, running water

Sponsored Links
Restocked the 'wine cellar' at the bottom of our stairs. :rolleyes:

F2336388-B550-456B-8FBB-E3309166A882.jpeg

First bike ride since October, bad weather, bad knee, work etc, 10 miles no bother, no eggs at the farm though

Sponsored Links
Went on the last shoot of the year today. It was a bit of a mud bath. Trudged nearly 7 miles through mud and brambles. Even the dog was knackered afterwards.

DF35D0D1-51E5-4C79-B868-898A9AD59AB7.jpeg
C3B81890-EABA-4E7F-B343-3DFEAB37C1D1.jpeg

Today I took some of the pheasant meat from my previous shoots out of the freezer and made a bloody 'andsome pheasant casserole. Pheasant breasts, onions, garlic, carrots, parsnip, red wine, proper chicken stock (made from our last chicken roast), mixed herbs, parsley and a generous dollop of redcurrant jelly. A little bit of cornflour near to the end to just thicken it up slightly. Cooked it slowly in the oven for four and a half hours and the meat was just perfect. Mashed potatoes with butter and cream, purple sprouting broccoli and some warm bread for mopping up. Best thing was, I made enough for two X 2 meals for two of us. Two portions will go in the freezer when it cools enough. (y)

I've been feeling a bit rough the past few days - spent all day yesterday in my PJ's. Shivering, upset tummy, muscles aching all over etc. I've been doing a LF test each day and coming up negative but went for a PCR test this morning to be in the safe side. I always gag when swabbing my tonsils but today I went one better and was sick in my own mouth! Had to spit it out into the plastic bag the kit comes in. Yuk. Just thought I'd share that.........:whistle:

Went on the last shoot of the year today. It was a bit of a mud bath. Trudged nearly 7 miles through mud and brambles. Even the dog was knackered afterwards.

View attachment 254678 View attachment 254679
Fabulous i did one yesterday best shoot of the year wind was just right blowing them clucking cluckers up nicely towards the greeting party. Some fine local sausages and scotch eggs with lashings of alcohol shots for lunch were nice too.

Today ive been flying my early Xmas pressie, got a DJI FPV so been swooping over the remnants of the pheasants get my own back on them, spotted a hawk or something similar, its absolutely brilliant. However the battery price is a disgrace, im thinking of making my own.

Been over to my old plot on the allotment to get some Christmas veg. It's been a disappointing year for veg. Everyone lost their tomatoes to blight, sprouts didn't grow to a decent size and parsnips were stunted. Still, I got a decent amount of sprouts and the small ones are more tasty. Well, I hope so - they're a damn sight more expensive when I see them in the supermarket. Good job I wasn't relying in them and have bought some in case they turned out to be no good.

BD1491B5-7107-4AEB-AC7F-2896902B8D78.jpeg
E4A82CEB-BE82-437C-A28E-831831AD74B6.jpeg

I got to work prepping my sprouts. Some are as small as peas and it was like micro-surgery - I've put a pound coin next to them for scale. Had a few stowaways when I was trimming them - baby slugs - the plot holders mortal enemy. Couldn't kill them though so set them free in our garden. Couldn't resist cooking a few to make sure they were ok. Absolutely full of flavour - even Mrs Mottie liked them and she's not a fan of the sprout.

724CCAD3-08DA-4F1C-852A-EE8E4C2F7474.jpeg
7A22351D-1B61-4921-97F3-42CD6F31B99D.jpeg

Last edited:
Up in Derbyshire with friends for the new year. Had a bloody long walk along the river Dove today. We’ve all just had an Indian takeaway and I’m currently losing the battle for sofa space with a Rhodesian Ridgeback!

EAEEB7E8-7329-4D1F-A8B6-2674788F4E5F.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Back