What have you been doing today?

Sponsored Links
Dog walk this morning, shopping trip to Bluewater this afternoon and tonight I went with my grandson to GLOW.

Putting this beastie up so the girls could decorate it. My manager did the lights while I found something else to do once we had it fixed upright in the base.

IMG_0819.JPG

Been up in the loft fixing my CCTV. Two of the cameras were flickering and were showing interference lines. Luckily it was the power supply that supplied those cameras and I had a spare power supply so it was a quick, cheap fix.

Mrs Mottie has taken the dog for a walk and will be leaving it with our friend as we are off to Center Parcs for the weekend. She's left me in charge of packing my own clothes. I've got enough for two weeks!
Three holidays in a month. Spain last week, Center Parcs this week, Peak District just after Christmas and staying up there for New Year. These are all holidays that we were supposed to have gone on last year but were cancelled. I'm all holidayed out already and I have even been on the second one yet!

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
First day at Center Parcs. There seven of us celebrating the DIL's 31st birthday. It was booked for her 30th this time last year but that was cancelled because of lockdown. There's me and Mrs Mottie, our son, daughter in law, the daughter in laws parents and our grandson. The DIL's parents came with some massive speaker/music machine and enough bottles of alcohol to set up a bar! They've even brought their own disco mirror ball. :rolleyes: Me and Mrs Mottie have party pooped, retired to bed and left them downstairs to get on with it. Thing is, they're older than us!

Got plenty of wildlife just outside our door. Had a hedgehog on the patio last night and this morning we’ve had a gang of squirrels, three pheasants and a Muntjac deer
8C903A29-800F-4BC5-8674-12408263F8D4.jpeg
50833BED-D1B7-4B9B-AA85-1722AEEE3BDA.jpeg
3454EF4A-0CD7-419B-A2FB-90E193ABB385.jpeg

28091B16-9A73-4F13-9F52-E01AA7664CB5.jpeg

34858D63-3D25-4991-8AE5-54D92A877481.jpeg

Last edited:
Some dodgy insulation work today.
Will be covered in tile backer board, which will be fixed to brick with those washers. So should all be solid once done ...
IMG_20211204_181614374.jpg

Waited outside our lodge for 30 minutes to see Santa come past and when he did it was practically at the speed of light!

33E0F833-CF59-4CE8-BBDD-CF22733D0214.jpeg

Had a few games of pickleball today. Then football pool, then a swim and then went out looking for wildlife based on what we have had at our patio doors - hedgehogs, pheasants, squirrels, ducks, deer and numerous birds. Saw nothing! I actually picked one of the ducks up that we let into the lodge. Must be trained animals. Home tomorrow for a rest!

Saw a new MOT station that had opened up. :rolleyes:

36514011-07FC-4F33-8D04-3740B082C6F6.jpeg

Came back from my dog walk and decided to do a batch of Bolognaise sauce. A bit messy but someone has to do it. Still, it'll be something for Mrs Mottie to clean up when she gets home from work. :rolleyes:

22D0B564-CF26-497A-8828-61225BE7CBA6.jpeg

When I've done that, I've got to take out the dishwasher I fitted a few weeks ago, read the instructions and refit it correctly this time. Only had it a few weeks and the underneath of the worktop has got some swelling on it where I didn't fit the protective sheeting that was supplied with it. Whoops!

Sponsored Links
Back