What have you been doing today?

Sponsored Links
It does look like a young bird but long time fledged to me. Do you have any bird flue in the area
Not that I know of. It was literally standing in the middle of the road so I just thought it may have been hit by a car. My initial thought was concussion. I'm familiar with it - we have wall to wall windows at the top back of our house and birds were always flying into them, usually up to two days after the window cleaner has been! We end up with literally a 'ghost' imprint of a bird on the windows and you can see every feather imprint from the bird dander on the glass. I used to hear a bang, find a bird on the patio, look after it for up to an hour and they've been as right as rain and flew off. It’s stopped completely now we have blinds fitted but was worse when there was no blinds and floral wallpaper in the back bedroom! Only once did one hit the window and die immediately. :(

Anyway, off to the animal hospital now.

I'm still very much in the learning process with my Ninja Foodi 15 in 1 & thought I'd give this a go for lunch today :

One of the best meals I've ever had. I thought steaming your veg was revolutionary but this method beats it hands down.

I'm still very much in the learning process with my Ninja Foodi 15 in 1 & thought I'd give this a go for lunch today :

One of the best meals I've ever had. I thought steaming your veg was revolutionary but this method beats it hands down.
Any recipes for pigeon? @Mottie may need one

Sponsored Links
Right, the bird is safely ensconced in the South Essex wildlife hospital. When I arrived, Channel 4 were filming a series to be shown later called 'Back to the wild'. Look out for me as I was the idiot that held up their rescue van as it was leaving to go on a job. I didn’t know it was coming along the drive as I turned in! Anyway, I explained to the pigeon that I'd done all I could and it was up to the professionals now - I do hope it survives and ends up on a plate in front of me some time. :ROFLMAO:

BB333274-3A88-438C-B12C-8A08FF7B7685.jpeg

Oh, I made a donation which enabled me to become a member. I wouldn’t mind volunteering at a place like that. All I have to remind me of the short time that the pigeon was in my care are two feathers and a little bit of poo in the front passenger footwell of the Golf. I must get round to cleaning it out one day…..

BAC29D8F-31B1-4614-84CF-BFFF2E17386B.jpeg

Last edited:
:ROFLMAO:
I wouldn’t mind volunteering at a place like that. All I have to remind me of the short time that the pigeon was in my care are two feathers and a little bit of poo in the front passenger footwell of the Golf. I must get round to cleaning it out one day…..
I now have 2x independant animal rescues I'm involved with. Don't go in thinking that you're helping them by doing something you aren't qualified for & have previously held no interest in.

Why don't you go in & pledge to service their vehicles, take charge of & generally 'manage' their fleet, so to speak?

When they rescued "my swans" all I cared about at the time was the outcome. Overwhelmed with emotion at the success I thought all I wanted to do with the rest of my life was rescue swans. That is until the phone rings & you have to travel 40mls to wade waist deep in freezing mud for the simple task of extracting a carelessly discarded fishing hook from a beak.

Don't waste your talents, let them use your skills to the max. I've just recently completed laying the hard paths around one rescue centers various paddocks & aviaries, many of which are on the 5yr plan but are yet to built . . . . !

Started back at the fun factory today. Should have started last week but I was on holiday. Oops! Took a Dacia Duster in for the kids to service - what an underpowered pile of crapola this car was - absolutely gutless. 1600cc of non-turbo'd petrol engine. One kid turned up late, stinking of weed so he was sent away. Also had a Mitsubishi PHEV in. Believe it or not, that was the first PHEV that I had driven properly - I was very impressed with it. I liked the display showing power going from the battery to the wheels, then power going from the engine to the battery and then to the wheels and when braking, power being regenerated by the wheels to the battery. I'd definitely consider a hybrid for our next main car (not the dog carrier!) as I can see the benefits for short commutes and local runs.

Possibly…..but same again today, no improvement but no deterioration either. Still let’s me feed him - definitely no broken wing problems, poo is the right colour and he is friendly. Poor thing just sits in his temporary dwelling waiting to be fed. He doesn’t seem to be feeding or drinking by himself so I’m wondering whether he has concussion or dementia? Anyway, I phoned up our local wildlife hospital and they said to bring it down to them - if a wild animal lets you pick it up there’s something wrong - so I’m going to do that right now. I’ve done all I can do which, unfortunately has not been enough. :(View attachment 280274View attachment 280275
Your pigeon looks very familiar

Today I did my hardest days work this year! I moved about a ton of gravel to get to about half a ton of soil, moved that, put a weed membrane down, then put the ton of gravel back, levelled it then assembled my free greenhouse puzzle frame onto it. Thank God I bought a packet of new nuts, bolts and glass clips. Pretty pleased with myself but aching like a b'stard. I'm putting the glass in tomorrow.

9AF0D1C9-8ADC-4916-9FFD-765FF2CF1623.jpeg

Tonight, Mrs Mottie has booked a couple of seats for us to see a local amateur dramatic production in the local church hall. Dunno what they are performing so could be good, could be mediocre, could be shît. As she said, open your mind and take a chance. Ho hum……

Sponsored Links
Back