What have you been doing today?

Today I did my hardest days work this year! I moved about a ton of gravel to get to about half a ton of soil, moved that, put a weed membrane down, then put the ton of gravel back, levelled it then assembled my free greenhouse puzzle frame onto it. Thank God I bought a packet of new nuts, bolts and glass clips. Pretty pleased with myself but aching like a b'stard. I'm putting the glass in tomorrow.

View attachment 280510

Tonight, Mrs Mottie has booked a couple of seats for us to see a local amateur dramatic production in the local church hall. Dunno what they are performing so could be good, could be mediocre, could be shît. As she said, open your mind and take a chance. Ho hum……
Waitrose do DELIVER, did you know...?

Sponsored Links
Tonight, Mrs Mottie has booked a couple of seats for us to see a local amateur dramatic production in the local church hall. Dunno what they are performing so could be good, could be mediocre, could be shît.

It was good. So bad, it was good! A murder mystery. Dodgy German accents as well. Tea and biscuit’s (all donations welcome) at half time. Funniest moment for us was when the leading man hid in a coffin to do a bit of spying. He was in there for about 15 minutes and when it was time to get out, he had great difficulty getting up and and getting out and was making all sorts of noises us old 'uns regularly make when getting up! :ROFLMAO: I’d go to another one.

Last edited:
I spent until 1030 watching my youngest play rugby for the school.

Then he got hit by a very high tackle. So high it was head to head contact and the other kid got a red card.

My lad split and broke his nose, so I was in the nearest A and E for nearly 7 hours.

There was a lot of claret, some exposed bone along with concussion, nausea, dizziness and shock.

Not great.

Then he got hit by a very high tackle. So high it was head to head contact and the other kid got a red card.

My lad split and broke his nose, so I was in the nearest A and E for nearly 7 hours.

There was a lot of claret, some exposed bone along with concussion, nausea, dizziness and shock.

Not great.
Christ! That sounds bloody painful and I bet it doesn’t look to good either. He'll have a couple of black E eyes for a while too. I hope he's on the mend now.

Sponsored Links

Not great.

I hope he's OK mate. Sounds horrific.

So bad, it was good! A murder mystery. Dodgy German accents

I'm happy you didn't take Nostril.

He would have stood on his chair and screamed RACIST. that would have ruined your evening.

Fitted all the glass in my greenhouse today. I cracked two of the panes (but I had some spares) and I only cut myself once, so feeling pretty chuffed. It needs new a new roller for the door so I’ve just ordered a pair of them them off of the 'bay. Just having a cuppa then I’m going to make a roast beef dinner with horseradish Yorkshire puddings and horseradish sauce, made with my own homegrown horseradish. Spuds, carrots and cabbage are all home grown too. :giggle:

Fitted all the glass in my greenhouse today. I cracked two of the panes (but I had some spares) and I only cut myself once, so feeling pretty chuffed. It needs new a new roller for the door so I’ve just ordered a pair of them them off of the 'bay. Just having a cuppa then I’m going to make a roast beef dinner with horseradish Yorkshire puddings and horseradish sauce, made with my own homegrown horseradish. Spuds, carrots and cabbage are all home grown too. :giggle:

What a pain.

Do pumpkins need yo be a certain size before cooking?

I've mentioned this before, but at an early stage of my life I made an incredible amount of money which I invested wisely (against most professional advice) in property.

How I made that £money is something that I keep very close to my chest & there are still living members of my family who don't know or fully understand the whole story. For a very short period in the 1980's I was VERY famous, we were young & we were beautiful, we wore our hair long & our shirts were LOUD.

If you've ever been there you would probably understand why I shunned the "fame" side of the business & retreated into the background.

First & foremost I am a poet & then I am a musician, I seem to have a talent for putting how I feel into words & then laying that down with a soundtrack. I have many haters here & please feel free to enjoy all the quotes I gift to you, but please accept that I probably wrote the words to your first dance at your wedding, you have almost certainly seduced a partner with me playing in background, & then there's the song that folk just cannot resist tapping their feet, to the beat.

Everyone in my village knows who I am & nobody seems to care. This is how I like it.

So, today I was sat in t'pub talking ****** with the usual Sunday lunch crowd when in walks a stranger who immediately double takes after clocking my phizzhogg & mentally computes the difference between how I look today to how I looked back in the 80's.

Her : "You used to be xxxxx.xxxxx".

Me : "Used to be???"

Her : "It's you innit, I used to have your poster on my bedroom wall"

First & foremost I am a poet & then I am a musician, I seem to have a talent for putting how I feel into words & then laying that down with a soundtrack. I have many haters here & please feel free to enjoy all the quotes I gift to you, but please accept that I probably wrote the words to your first dance at your wedding, you have almost certainly seduced a partner with me playing in background, & then there's the song that folk just cannot resist tapping their feet, to the beat.

Are you Barry White?

Sponsored Links
Back