What have you been doing today?

Sponsored Links
Courgette is great in cakes because it makes them very moist.

You peel them and scoop out the seeds so you just end up using the (naked) flesh.

I’ve got a couple of courgettes that I’m just going to let grow and grow. I'd like to see how big they will actually get to. Watch this space!

Sponsored Links
Hot damn. I whacked mine on the scales and it was only 1.1kg.

Done nothing today except, it feels like, have side effects from meds. I get quite a high, then get topply-over.

Walking the dogs this morning and EVERY small pond, ditch, stream, brook and puddle in Thorndon country park has completely disappeared. Even the mud at the bottom of those has dried up. The holding pond is down to about a third of its usual level. We desperately need a drop of rain. A 40% chance of an hour of rain is forecast for 1.00. We'll see!

Just got back from picking some beans - Runner beans, French climbing and French dwarf. Got a glut of them but I need to pick them before they get too big and too tough. Going to give this lot away to friends and neighbours.

5C775BF4-3911-4189-B52E-5838AD9F74F5.jpeg

Also lifted some onions and put them in the polytunnel to dry out. When that’s done I’ll plait them up and hang them in the shed.

E31531BA-06FC-4B07-96AB-8C4E9856F060.jpeg

My outside tomatoes are coming along fine and I’m getting some nice trusses on them. The ones I grew in the polytunnel got too hot and got baked!

55F90D3A-70A2-403C-9AA2-2B9BF4F69EFB.jpeg

Didn’t have much success with my rainbow carrots. I got the rainbow bit but they were a bit stunted. These were ones I just had left over and had chucked them in an old cold water storage tank with some crap soil. Hopefully the ones I planted in sifted soil with a mixture of sand and compost will come out better. I’ll have to see when they come out later in the year.

0DB8F4A3-73CF-462C-9C73-E8AFB76C42C2.jpeg

Spag Bol tonight so I’m doing a batch cook. The extra portions will be frozen. I find I’m adding more things as I go along. This time I’m using: minced beef, onions, garlic, carrot, oregano, basil, mixed herbs, red wine, chopped tomatoes, tomato purée, salt, beef stock cubes, pepper, sugar, worcestershire sauce and………..
chocolate. Its a messy process when I’m doing it!

4F8A6256-18BC-474B-AA9F-7446B6311306.jpeg

I put carrot and courgette in ours. I know, I know...courgette!

I grate it on the fine grater side and it's a good way of getting veg into kids that hate them. Sneaky Dad!

I put carrot and courgette in ours. I know, I know...courgette!

I grate it on the fine grater side and it's a good way of getting veg into kids that hate them. Sneaky Dad!
Courgettes! Damn, I’d forgotten all about them. Next time. (y)

Just got back from allotment. my courgettes are turning into marrows!

3C41B3BA-EB8F-4D78-9CC7-60523AFFBB55.jpeg

My red cabbage, green cabbage, cauliflowers and sprouts are coming along.

9CB6FDEC-2429-45A8-B62F-E082A04AC4AE.jpeg

Cucumbers are multiplying. Picked these big 'uns tonight just to make a bit of space for the others.

3B76AF9B-6EB2-46F6-ACA4-3F266744A88C.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Back