What have you been doing today?

Sponsored Links
I've been up since just after 4.00 waiting for some ibuprofen to kick in as I’ve sprained my back/pulled a muscle doing some fast shovelling over the allotment a few days ago. I’m surprised to see others on here posting throughout the night. I’ve seen it on other times when I can’t sleep and get up to read for a while but end up looking on here. Perhaps we should start an insomnia thread. I’ll sleep on it….

IMG_5035.png

I'm awake early too, discomfort from my left frozen shoulder. Last year, I had it for months in my right shoulder :(

You can make a decent underground repair and fill the box with magic gel, but for me, I would want it reinstating to what it was before they came along, IE an unbroken run of cable.

A properly done repair should be as reliable as the original undamaged cable, so personally I would be happy with a repair.

Sponsored Links
Started adding bricks to these pillars.

Mrs S said she would come and fix the shed at the same time. So I started doing the brickwork.

"Love....can you pass me the secateurs?"

Few minutes later....

"Can you get me the spade?"

Bad light stopped play and I gave up at 22:00.

Mrs S: "Oh, you didn't get much done, did you?"
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Now, bear in mind this is the second time ever I have laid any bricks. It won't win any competitions, but hopefully it will be strong and last a few more years.

View attachment 305380
Let your mortar go off before you point up

Drain check. All concreted now to a depth of about 4” from road level. Tarmac to be done tomorrow. As an experiment, I flushed a load of tissue down our upstairs toilet and it took 55 seconds to get to the main sewer in the street. That’ll do for me. (y)
Before the road is tarmacced and the heavy iron road cover is fitted, it was my last chance for a final, final check on the works so I dropped my boys off at the pool ;) and chucked half a pint of milk down the pan to identify my flush and hot footed it to the open hole in the ground. 45 seconds this time - a PB! My neighbour saw me again and just shook his head. "Leave it alone will ya" he said.:ROFLMAO:

Had to fetch a delivery DX Express insisted was "beside the front door, under a brick".
So off i strolled up the road where mis-deliveries usually end up and, sure enough, there it was...under an old floor tile.
Clueless.:rolleyes:

Let your mortar go off before you point up
You know, I thought about that, but all the brickies I have seen on site have done it all in one go, albeit going back over when it's firmed up a bit to tidy it up.

I'll do as you suggest for the rest, thanks.

Someone was giving away an old bike in the next street. Flat tyres (1 punctured), rusty chain and all the gears not working - they were totally bent up and f'cked. Repaired the puncture, pumped the tires up, adjusted the brakes, removed all the gear controls and cables, lubricated and shortened the chain, stuck it in one gear and gave it to the kids next door to destroy!

On our dog walk, my friend threw a ball and her dog leapt for it, missed, landed awkwardly and had a bit of a tumble. Later on, we noticed she was limping slightly and holding her paw up when she stopped walking. We looked and couldn’t see anything wrong with her paw - we thought she had probably just strained her shoulder. She was no better this afternoon so she was taken to the vet and ended up having to have a claw removed - she'd damaged in the fall. Poor thing. :(

af208258-bb7f-47d4-afaa-288e87cfd593.jpeg

Dark bit of work top, in frequent use, between fridge and cooker, with microwave above it. I had a slimline 18" florescent light with tube, sat on the shelf in the workshop for some years, so today, I decided to test it to light that bit of dark space up. Worked a treat and fits on wall hidden behind microwave, should have done that years ago.

I serviced a mates car today as, ahem, part of the lesson in work and he asked if I could "chuck a timing belt on it while you've got the bonnet up”! Cheeky bugger. Anyway, I ordered the parts and finding that I didn’t have a cam locking tool for that engine, I dug out the patented Mottie universal cam locking tool. Worked a treat, again, ;)

IMG_1007.jpeg

Last edited:
waiting for some ibuprofen to kick in
Get yourself some of the Ibuprofen with Lysine. The lysine makes it work faster.

Also codydramol is paracetamol with a little codeine - 10mg in the 10/500 name. It's over the counter.
(Cocodamol is 30/500, prescription). There is I believe a soluble codydramol, which would be absorbed more quickly.

I have a range of opioids up to fentanyl , but the above are quicker to work.

You can take paracetamol and ibuprofen together, because they're metabolised separately. Google it, the leaflet probably won't say that.

Sponsored Links
Back