What have you been doing today?

Went to the gym this morning. Did a bit in the gym then some swimming. After I finished my swim, I showered and got dressed. I then popped into the toilets on my way out to sort my hair out and do a wee, something I’d been doing since I'd started there and I was surprised to see a lady in the gents, drying her hair. A quick look at the sign on the door confirmed that I’d been going into the wrong bogs since the day I started! I explained that to her and she just laughed and pointed me to the gents. What a plum!

I think she could see, that you had nothing to hide.

Sponsored Links
Busy day! Usual dog walk, no dramas. Then had to go round my mums as I’d arranged for an aerial bloke to come round and re-do the lot of it. New aerial, three aerial points, splitters sockets etc. all tuned in, perfect picture. She was getting a bad picture when it rained. The cap was off the cover on the original aerial and it was all corroded where the cable connected plug the previous tenant had just twisted the cables together, wrapped plastic around them and left the connection outside on the extension roof under a tile weighted down with a brick. He replaced everything apart from the cable around the chimney. £230 which I didn't think was too bad considering he had to come from Canvey and pay the ULEZ!

While he was doing that, my mum collared me for all the jobs I’d put off which included changing a few bulbs, fitting a new PIR light to the shed, cleaning out the outside sink drain - leaves and gunk and slimey muck, yuk! I also had to pull the tumble drier out and reposition the surface fitted back box and socket as whoever had fitted it had put it in the wrong position - every time her cleaner pushed the tumble drier under the worktop, it hit the switch on the socket and turned it off.

Next, a quick dash up to Lidl in the Golf to pick up my coffee pods. On the way up there, going round a sweeping left hand bend, I was met with a motorbike coming in the other direction on my side of the road so I swerved to the left as much as I thought I could go but clipped the kerb with my rear wheel. Result: One holed tyre. Of course, the bike didn’t stop. Changed the wheel for the skinny spare and carried on. Not too much of a drama though as the rear tyres were just about down to the wear bars so I’m ordering two new ones. They can go on the front and the front wheels can go in the back. I’d have been well pìssed if I was in the A3 - I only fitted a full set a couple of weeks ago at £100 a corner.

IMG_0226.jpeg

Got to Lidl, was going round getting a few extra bits and I saw a bloke crouching down with a pair of scissors, cutting the tags out of joints of meat and putting the joints in his backpack. I went and grassed him up to the security guard, pointed him out and left the guard stalking him as I left. I parked up right outside the door to watch him being apprehended but I think they must have nabbed him inside the store as I got fed up waiting outside after about 10 minutes and my frozen garlic bread was starting to thaw. On the way home, I heard on the news on my local radio station that Lidl were going to supply all their staff with body security cameras because of the losses they were suffering due to theft!

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Sat in hospital for third day in a row with a drip in my arm. Already had numerous tests done and now waiting for a full body scan sometime over the next few days. Related to my CKD because my calcium levels have gone a bit too high.
Frightening, boring and lonely. Because we now live about 45 miles away from the hospital, and as my wife runs her own business 7 days a week, it's not financially viable or time effective to come and visit very often. So, we stay in touch via phone calls and messenger each day.

I had my first experience of paste the wall wallpaper today, I have to say I am converted.
I managed 3 walls (ok they are small walls) in only a few hours when it would normally take me several days to do it.

Hope you're better soon Terry. Are you stuck in the NNU?
Thanks Tony. NNU?

That's odd, more normal with CKD, is calcium levels going too low..
Mine have been pretty stable throughout, Harry. But the two doses of chemo I had in Feb and April are known to have the potential to mess with certain organ functions for up to 12 months after the last infusion. Two good pieces of news whilst being in here is that, 1/ my prostrate is clean as a whistle for cancer and 2/ my kidney function has gone up from 54 (which is stage G3a), to 62 which puts me back in stage G2.

I had my first experience of paste the wall wallpaper today, I have to say I am converted.
I managed 3 walls (ok they are small walls) in only a few hours when it would normally take me several days to do it.
That’s encouraging. I’ve got some PTW to hang next week. I’ve only ever used it once before and that was over 30 years ago. It was like tissue paper, horrible stuff, Novamura I think it was called. The stuff we have now looks a lot thicker. Did you use ready mixed paste or are you mixing it up yourself? I went out and bought the stuff you mix yourself - £10.40 and it supposed to cover 10 rolls. The ready made stuff was £25 and that only did 6 rolls - I have 7 rolls to hang so I’m not paying £50 for paste and I don't want to spread it thinly to make it last - the paper was £20 a roll and if I scrimp on paste, it could come off.

That’s encouraging. I’ve got some PTW to hang next week. I’ve only ever used it once before and that was over 30 years ago. It was like tissue paper, horrible stuff, Novamura I think it was called. The stuff we have now looks a lot thicker. Did you use ready mixed paste or are you mixing it up yourself? I went out and bought the stuff you mix yourself - £10.40 and it supposed to cover 10 rolls. The ready made stuff was £25 and that only did 6 rolls - I have 7 rolls to hang so I’m not paying £50 for paste and I don't want to spread it thinly to make it last - the paper was £20 a roll and if I scrimp on paste, it could come off.
The trouble is, we all mix paste accorcing to the instruction but all apply it at different rates. I have used a roller for many years now and it gives a more even coverage than a brush. However, do we apply it at the same thickness? What should the thickness be?
Answer to the first is probably not. The second question is, we don't know because the manufacturers have never told us, and even if they did, how would we measure it?
Then you have the different porosity levels of the walls. Even walls in the same room may well have different levels. I've never known a 10 roll pack of paste to do 10 rolls. If you get 6-7 out of it I think thats good. Even pre-mixed do not live up to their claims.

Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
No never been with them as we used to live just outside Bury St Edmunds so our 'local' was West Suffolk hospital. Now we've moved to Ipswich we should really be going to that one, but my consultant says I can keep coming to be treated by her at West Suffolk. I trust her and have respect for her for keeping me on track and pretty much under control for the past 10 years or so. Still need to find a GP in Ipswich yet.
Right, lights have gone out so it looks like its bedtime.
Goodnight everyone.

Sponsored Links
Back