What have you bought today?

Bought a couple of nice Dover sole today and made a nice meal tonight. Pan fried them with creamed mash, steamed mixed veg and Hollandaise sauce.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Today I bought a muzzle for my Cocker spaniel - she's not vicious but a scavenger when out and loves nothing better than a bit of dog/horse/fox poo. Costs a fortune when she gets sick - she's a clever dog but she just can’t equate scavenging poo with getting ill! I also treated her to a new cushion for her bed.
030A8AE0-9BC4-49A9-85B0-3DA118DA9050.jpeg
6586992E-4C90-4306-B869-D87C12ABEAB8.jpeg

Today I bought a breakdown policy from the AA. Me and the Mrs in any car, relay cover plus parts and labour breakdown cover of up to £535 a time for up to 5 claims on the Evoque. £245 but I bought through TopCashback.co.uk so I will eventually get £162 cashback making it just £83. Bargain, I thought. :mrgreen:

Last edited:
I got there at 7.20am only to find him sitting on the sofa with a cup of tea.

I asked him about the phone, he ssid "oh maybe I ignored it"
That reminded me of the time when I was living at home and I came home from the pub one night and had forgotten my keys. This was in the time when someone local had been murdered in their own home and they hadn’t yet caught the murderer. I knocked and knocked with no reply. Went round the phone box (no mobiles in those days) rang them, no answer so I left it ringing, drove round to my nans to get the spare key, drove back, went in, phone was still ringing, went up to the bedroom only to find they’d both taken a sleeping tablet and were fast asleep. Parents!

Anyway, had to go out tonight to pick up a car for tomorrow and on the way back I went into Lidl and Sainsbury's. No bread flour or yeast, no ibuprofens or paracetamol and no pasta. I bought some pasta flour (daughter bought me a pasta machine about 3 Christmases ago and I’ve not used it yet) and I’m going to make my own pasta. Oh, bought a smoked haddock risotto in the reduced section for £1.49 and had that for my tea.

Sponsored Links
Back