What have you bought today?

Didn't buy anything, but i passed from a retail park and saw Toolstation.
I remembered a few bits in my boot that needed returning.
Went in, got a free coffee and walked out with £24.
Then went to the gym and found £2 in a locker and £1 in the locker's lock.
I only went out to bring some oil and garden waste to the dump...

Sponsored Links
Ibuprofen and paracetamol from the Pakistani shop across the road from my workshop.

Sponsored Links
Baked beans! 3 cans in Sainsbury's, the last (dented) can of beef ravioli and a chicken (only 4 left). Couldn’t buy any pasta, rice, weetabix, bread flour, yeast, chopped tomatoes, tulips or daffodils! Whole aisles were stripped bare and judging by the number of people carrying large packs of kitchen roll, they may be getting desperate for loo roll. I foresee a lot of blocked drains in the coming weeks.

Today I went with a few mates to the London Motorcycle show at the Excel
Christ! That was less than 6 weeks ago. This week it’s being kitted out as a 4,000 bed Coronavirus overspill centre complete with morgue. :eek:

I just bought a big box of 100 paracetamols from my local pharmacy. They wouldn't sell them in any smaller quantities but they had plenty in stock.

D90EA233-C3EA-4437-B3B4-4991EBE70EA5.jpeg

Went up my local store this morning to get a few things we were short of as not in supermarket this week. Only me and two others in a fair size mini-mart. I bought milk, eggs, weetabix and Flora. They had toilet rolls, pasta and the person in front of me bought a packet of paracetamol. Only thing they were short of was freshly baked loaves and there was just one bread roll left but that was around 11.00. I wouldn’t be surprised if they had the usual queues and empty shelves at Sainsbury’s.

'garlic bread'..................................................no, I never found it funny either.

Andy.

'garlic bread'..................................................no, I never found it funny either.

Andy.

I never found his frenetic stand - up funny either, but he's done well out of it, so fair play to him.
Phoenix Nights, Max and Paddy, That Peter Kay Thing though, superb imho (y)

Baked beans! 3 cans in Sainsbury's, the last (dented) can of beef ravioli and a chicken (only 4 left). Couldn’t buy any pasta, rice, weetabix, bread flour, yeast, chopped tomatoes, tulips or daffodils! Whole aisles were stripped bare and judging by the number of people carrying large packs of kitchen roll, they may be getting desperate for loo roll. I foresee a lot of blocked drains in the coming weeks.
I have an Asda shop booked for delivery on the 10th. But the list keeps getting shorter. From £130 down to £26 something. I will adjust it at the last possible moment before delivery.

I have an Asda shop booked for delivery on the 10th. But the list keeps getting shorter. From £130 down to £26 something. I will adjust it at the last possible moment before delivery.
Yes, we have a Tesco delivery on Thursday that’s been booked for some time now and my wife said no point in filling it up as by the time Thursday comes, it’ll be empty. She is planning to do exactly the same.

Sponsored Links
Back