What is it with this site?

I've helped a few members with car related questions which is what forums like this are all about, isn't it?
The cars section yes. However the general discussion section is absolutely nothing to do with helping people with DIY related issues. Any topics (and the content therein) that some people find contentious, will likely arouse discussion.

Sponsored Links
It was a joke about the Royal family that turned into a full blown discussion on funding, the civil list, William the Conquerer, the sea bed, wind farms, tax on electricity, land grabbing going back a thousand years or more.....

Which you clearly haven't read. I'll save you the bother and cut and paste the first sentence from post #1 in the jokes section for you.

"Please post any new jokes in the General Discussion forum. Once they have dropped off the first page on General Discussion, they will be moved here."
Motman, I think your post is a tad condescending and you're arguing lots - I think you fit in here rather well myself!!! :)

I am still puzzled by your ire.
What replies did you expect?
Extra, extra! Joke not as popular as first anticipated! Read all about it! :LOL:

What I like about the general discussion section of this site is that pretty much anything goes. Threads are allowed to evolve naturally, and it has no effect on the DIY bits of the site. Unlike other forums where the mods are needlessly trigger happy.

Sponsored Links
RWR ? right wing radicals

No Nige, we're called Right Wing Racists because we believe the immigration needs to be controlled, even thogh we have no problem with immigrants, but it's the easiest way for certain member to attack us. Knee jerk automatic response because they can't win the argument.

And of course one of the stange attitude posters, is also a mod - shouldn't be allowed.

Okay, okay. Next time I post a joke, I'll leave it at that. You lot can pick it to pieces and I'll let you lot argue amongst yourselves. Night night. X

I posted a joke a while back, it was in a thread about relative humidity, it was an old joke, I thought, & still think that it was funny, but someone thought otherwise & it was removed.People are different, and its just as well, because if we were all the same life would be DULL.
Vive la différence as they say.

- What's black and goes up+down Nelson's column ? A. it's not a steeplejack;)
Obviously, because that would mean he actually had a job. :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL: (JD and your sidekick Nosey, this is meant as a joke,, not that you'll get it) :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Extra, extra! Joke not as popular as first anticipated! Read all about it! :LOL:

What I like about the general discussion section of this site is that pretty much anything goes. Threads are allowed to evolve naturally, and it has no effect on the DIY bits of the site. Unlike other forums where the mods are needlessly trigger happy.
Christ, you're joking.. Please tell me you're joking. (or,, How much did Johnny boy pay you to post this??)

I post on a few other forums and you do see the odd troll pop up from time to time but having recently joined this one, I'm amazed at the amount of bickering that goes on between even long-standing members plus there are those that just appear to be downright pig-headed and rude to those asking questions that are deemed too stupid to be asked.

Only the other day I posted a joke only to have one rude bastard reply with a yawn and telling me it was boring plus another hair-splitting, pedantic, humourless poster pick up on a point in the joke about the funding of the Monarchy which completely took the post off-topic!

FFS, why do these people bother replying and spoiling others posts? Do they just love to see their own words on the screen and do they get some form of self-gratification and a warm feeling of superiority by doing it? Start your own posts, don't spoil others!

Apart from that, I've learned a few things about plumbing/building/electrics and hopefully I've helped a few members with car related questions which is what forums like this are all about, isn't it?

car forums people are much nicer

I moderate a section of a forum based in Germany, One of the other sections has some "professionals" who hiding behind anonymous user names give a lot of agro to the less informed. Last December there was a unpleasant slagging match between a "professional" and a new less informed member. The conversation ended when the "less informed" posted a post with nothing but a few numbers. The agressive "professional" went silent. Transpired that the less informed member was the boss of the company the "professional" worked for and the numbers were the internal references to projects which the professional had messed up.

You need a thick skin on here. There are 2 main camps in here, one lot are referred to as RWR's for some reason. The other camp are wrong about everything.

You must be one of us RWRs. That post was spot on in every detail - especially the final sentence. ;)

Sponsored Links
Back