What is your most annoying advert?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am being driven mad by the Safestyle double glazing ad. It seems to be on avery set of adverts and that load mouth plonker is driving me round the bl**dy bend. Does this ad really sell windows. It puts me off totally. :evil:

Do you have any adverts that really get your goat?

Sponsored Links
Any advert (mostly for cleaning stuff) where the words are in English, but the mouths are saying something like 'Mein Gott. Es schtinkt von Scheiss' - If the English market's that important, then make advert's just for us. Cif, Glade, Kandoo - you're all guilty !!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Kinder Eggs are exempt from the above rant, purely on the basis of that surreal "Yibbo-Tricky, Me Unscrabby, Chocca-Dooby !!" advert that was on years ago.....

And the thing that is most guaranteed to stop me buying Safestyle windows is............Having bought Safestyle windows in the past. Though it was Reg Holdsworth selling them those days.

Monsieur, You are really spoiling us :LOL: :eek: :eek: Schweinhund Shizen Mein Kampf :confused:Gott Enamel I haff gotten ze Naughty verden thru. Erektshun durch Teknik

Sponsored Links
hello, in need of an unsecured loan? let us rip you off with our high intrest rate....sod off you annoying blue telephone

had an accident...blown your head off with a stick of dynamite...must be someone we can sue and earn you (and us) thousands, call today

and that annoying cow who was in four weddings who does the make up adverts...shes not even attractive

All of them

How about the BMW1...Whats That about
or
3 MOBILE

trouble is as annoying as they are, they all work as we all know what each other is talking about :mad:

Diyisfun said:

I don't 'get' them, must be me ;) still on 2nd generation phones.

Normally like ads, specially when you can read the small print (try that also to see if you need glasses). The small print tells you that the offer isn't worth as much as they try to tell you ;)

Hate the ones about wrinkles: I even find them offending. Why can't we (older then 40) show our laughing wrinkles?

One of the best ever ad campaign was in the late 80's: nissan cars. Remember the 'heated' side-mirrors? Eskimo's warming their hands ;)
Or 6 little dwarfs on the cylinders? Loved them.

ainsley harriott,burnt on barbeque stuff.
cillit bang = sulphuric acid.
toilet paper ads.
sanitary towel ads when you're eating your tea.
any ad with carol vorderman in it.
cosolidate your debts and pay 46% interest for 400 years.

Soap powder and cleaning product ads. They're always soooo much better than the previous stuff they try to flog.....not! :rolleyes:

Why do they use blue dye on tampon ads? :confused:

New and improved

Which is it then?

if its new it cant be improved and if its improved it cant be new!

ohmygodwhathaveyoudone said:
ainsley harriott,burnt on barbeque stuff.
cillit bang = sulphuric acid.
toilet paper ads.
sanitary towel ads when you're eating your tea.
any ad with carol vorderman in it.
cosolidate your debts and pay 46% interest for 400 years.

I've often wondered about adverts for cleaner, where they get rid of, for example, baked on grime with a single swipe of their cloth. Given that this never ever happens like what it shows in the ad, how are these still legal ??

johnny_t said:
I've often wondered about adverts for cleaner, where they get rid of, for example, baked on grime with a single swipe of their cloth. Given that this never ever happens like what it shows in the ad, how are these still legal ??

Same with lots of adverts, take the Lynx advert for instance. I wear Lynx but never get acosted by gorgeous beauties when I use it. :cry: I often wonder if you could take these people to court for offences under the trade descriptions act.

if cleaning products are "new and improved" for the 5th time for the same product it must have been really c**p to begin with. :eek:
whats with the kellogs adverts that shows kids being more alert @ breakfast time.how do they get away with it without proof.
accident lawers 4 u.enough said.

Sponsored Links
Back