What is your most annoying advert?

think the banks are bad go into a main post office.

i like a book of stamps please

certainly sir, we do travel insurance as well would you like that?

no a book of stamps please

certainly sir, what about car insurance, would you like me to get someone to contact you?

no i want a book of stamps

ok sir, do you need any foreign currency?

no thank you im sending a letter thats why i want the stamps, im not delivering the letter personally

ok sir, what about a loan

forget it im going to get them from the newsagents

no wonder the que is always so bloody long

Sponsored Links
"New", unsurprisingly, is the most used word in advertising.

I liked the older TV ads for Shake and Vac (do the Shake and Vac and put the freshness back...."), Cresta lemonade ("It's frothy, man!"), Country Life ("You'll never put a better bit of butter on your knife"), R Whites ("I'm a secret lemonade drinker!"), and who can forget those Campari adverts with Lorraine Chase mentioning Luton Airport?

Perrier billboards were good ( H2eau, eau, eau eau (Xmas campaign)).

There are hundreds if you think long and hard enough!

smashrobots9qn.jpg

"Let's send the humans a potato shaped asteroid. It'll smash them all to bits, hahahahahahahahaha"

:LOL:

Sponsored Links
Nearly mentioned Smash!!

Did you know it was first marketed by Cadbury?

When I was young, my dad worked as a plasterer on TV sets at Haliford and Shepperton Studios and would often bring props home when they had finished. There was a Nesquik advert in the late 70s that was set in some sort of psychedelic milkshake land - We had loads of giant pink polystyrene mushrooms in our garden for about the next year after that :D

There was another set of ads at the time, for Holsten, which involved someone playing the piano and singing Noel-Coward stylee - Once in the desert, once on the moon. One of my prized possessions as an eight-year old was the miniature model of the set for this....

Thermo said:
think the banks are bad go into a main post office.

i like a book of stamps please

certainly sir, we do travel insurance as well would you like that?

no a book of stamps please

certainly sir, what about car insurance, would you like me to get someone to contact you?

no i want a book of stamps

ok sir, do you need any foreign currency?

no thank you im sending a letter thats why i want the stamps, im not delivering the letter personally

ok sir, what about a loan

forget it im going to get them from the newsagents

no wonder the que is always so b****y long

Just to add to this bit of the gripe.....

British Gas - When I have been without an oven for 6 weeks because your 3-Star cover people can't grasp the idea that someone could possibly have an LPG boiler but an electric oven and keep sending the wrong engineer out - When I am making the ninety-fifth call on the subject - when it is still not sorted - Please, for the love of Pete, try to think for a minute and reflect on the previous twenty minutes discussion before turning to your script and saying 'Would you be interested in extending the same high level of service to your Dishwasher and/or Toaster' :evil: :evil: Or try to sell me car insurance - Just mend the f***ing oven !!!!

ah product insurance. You buy something in homebase like a £15 kettle

get to the till, hello sir wiuld you like to pay £5 extended warranty on this.

no thankyou its a cheap kettle, the manufacturer gaurentees it for a year, its a bloody kettle, ill buy a new one after that.

watse of time and money and breath asking

I have brought somthing recently that was ~£5, and the sales droid offered me platinum super gold 3 year insurance at ~£7, My responce was "Are you taking the ****?"

I think it was somthing for my computer.... or car.

im full of admiration for Mr sugar he donates all his fee to great ormond street such a kind and generous man

DarkInferno said:
I have brought somthing recently that was ~£5, and the sales droid offered me platinum super gold 3 year insurance at ~£7, My responce was "Are you taking the p**s?"

I think it was somthing for my computer.... or car.

When i worked at Argos the tills used to prompt when you typed in a cat number, saying things like would you like to buy a 4-way extension, 5 years replacement product cover, Argos cards, etc. Some of the cashiers do actually run through these, "autopilot" style, but I would pick and choose, and also look at the customer and try to imagine what I could con them into buying - do they look like the sort of person who might buy extended warranty etc.

nstreet said:
I am being driven mad by the Safestyle double glazing ad. It seems to be on avery set of adverts and that load mouth plonker is driving me round the bl**dy bend. Does this ad really sell windows. It puts me off totally. :evil:

Do you have any adverts that really get your goat?

Yeah, anything to do with kids a**e wiping adverts or ladiers personal products while I'm having my tea. Also, have you noticed how "toilet paper" has gone from "toilet tissue" to bathroom tissue" ocer the years? Whatever happened to "bog roll"! Also have you noticed that "settees" have now become sofas?

Sponsored Links
Back