What volkera?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want a combi boiler rated at 90-100'000BTUs (26Kw) output. Which Volkera model do I buy?

Sponsored Links
The Linea HE or Unica HE may fit your requirements.Both models have a 28kW output. A flow rate of 12 litres/min @35c rise.

Sponsored Links
The Linea HE is discontinued now, replaced by the Linea One. 38KW 15+l/m @ 35 deg rise.

It is 129,000 btu/hr but modulates 10:1 so down to 3.8KW. (Heating limited to 30kW) If you must have 90,000/100,000btu's/hr you'd be looking at the 28 or 32KW Unica HE

Linea One has hot water memory, external temp sensor as standard though you can control the unit with an ordinary timer and stat if you prefer. Quite a few other features that might tempt you or just pass you by. Unica more of a standard unit but quite powerful enough.

Vokera's website is now up too date with the Linea One details so if that's what interests you ring the office and they'll send you the latest details and pass you over to one of the approved Affinity scheme installers in your area.

Oh yes, 5 year warranty on Linea, 2 year on Unica.

I am not impartial..

there getting their money worth out of you then vulcancontinental :LOL:

must say the 10:1 modulation range did catch my eye, so had a little look ;)

the internal layout looks badly thought out and having a 15mm gas inlet on a 38kw would sends out the wrong message...

there getting their money worth out of you then vulcancontinental :LOL:

must say the 10:1 modulation range did catch my eye, so had a little look ;)

the internal layout looks badly thought out and having a 15mm gas inlet on a 38kw would sends out the wrong message...

I did state I wasn't impartial and the OP did ask so I answered. I don't often come on this forum so was able to help :eek:

You'd have to be a little more specific about your reservations with the layout, I might agree or be able to allay your concerns.

As for the gas supply - to MI is what's required; it works and a pro knows what to do to get an adequate supply to the appliance and to apply the appliance to the job properly. I do have likes and dislikes on boilers but the older I get and the more aged installs I see the more importance I place on the man who puts the job in.

And you're absolutely correct; they get their money worth out of me :)

The Linea HE is discontinued now, replaced by the Linea One. 38KW 15+l/m @ 35 deg rise.

It is 129,000 btu/hr but modulates 10:1 so down to 3.8KW. (Heating limited to 30kW) If you must have 90,000/100,000btu's/hr you'd be looking at the 28 or 32KW Unica HE

Linea One has hot water memory, external temp sensor as standard though you can control the unit with an ordinary timer and stat if you prefer. Quite a few other features that might tempt you or just pass you by. Unica more of a standard unit but quite powerful enough.

Vokera's website is now up too date with the Linea One details so if that's what interests you ring the office and they'll send you the latest details and pass you over to one of the approved Affinity scheme installers in your area.

Oh yes, 5 year warranty on Linea, 2 year on Unica.

I am not impartial..

The Linea One is the best boiler on the market - in that size & range, we are now fitting 100's & they've not missed a beat.

you're a plonker if you want a vokera!!

Oh!! There speaks the voice of someone that only fits Worcester Tupperware Bosch............... :LOL: :LOL:

Vokera are great wee boilers, we've been fitting them since the 80's.
Like all combis, you'll have divertor valve problems, but not much else with a Vokera.

Oh!! There speaks the voice of someone that only fits Worcester Tupperware Bosch............... :LOL: :LOL:

Like all combis, you'll have divertor valve problems, but not much else with a Vokera.

never had to clean any venturi's?

babbie!! i don't fit worcester, i fit viessmann, atag, vailliant!

vokera are a bunch of jokers!

the unica piece of carp leaks from the rubber hoses and destroys the whole electrics!

december 12 2010, customer calls, leaking boiler, i attend. hose is dripping. destroyed PCB boiler shot. call for spares, no worry.....we can get you that part early january!!!! WTF!!!!! and they rip you off for spares! 250 for a PCB! joke!

boiler off wall...in skip.....PROPER boiler install! VIESSMANN! happy days.

vokera.....'decent wee boiler'. thats cheered me up no end! baisi are 'decent wee boilers' but i'd never have 1 in me own home coz spares are a rip off!

babbie!! i don't fit worcester, i fit viessmann, atag, vailliant!

vokera are a bunch of jokers!

the unica piece of carp leaks from the rubber hoses and destroys the whole electrics!

december 12 2010, customer calls, leaking boiler, i attend. hose is dripping. destroyed PCB boiler shot. call for spares, no worry.....we can get you that part early january!!!! WTF!!!!! and they rip you off for spares! 250 for a PCB! joke!

boiler off wall...in skip.....PROPER boiler install! VIESSMANN! happy days.

vokera.....'decent wee boiler'. thats cheered me up no end! baisi are 'decent wee boilers' but i'd never have 1 in me own home coz spares are a rip off!

Get real son, you'll only be fitting about two a year of these overpriced/overrated piles of sh.te. We.re in business to make money, not fan.y around. We fit what people can afford & make lots of money at it. Vokera boilers are graet if fitted correctly.

great, the return of Dick Puller. :rolleyes: The last couple of months have been a complete troll fest on this forum, they're all coming out the woodwork.
Funny though, Vokera. Joke of a company. Used to make some decent boilers years back, not any more. Joker. Must be on a wind up or stupid. either or.

Thanks to all who replied,very informative. I joined this forum specifically for this question.
The problem,as with all choices in all manner of things, there are pros and cons. You can see how difficult it is for us lay-men when you proffesionals can have a ding dong of an argument over which is best.
My advisor only told me the requirements and was reluctant to sugest a make. However when I finnaly did squeze a name from him Vokera was his choice,so now we are here!
From a buyers point of view the old adage "buy cheap buy twice" allways works, but as a consummer I have also got to try and get best value. :confused:
So again thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back