What volkera?

how much should I be looking for the vokera Linea One? priced it up at PTS and it took my breath away.

I can but ask. I'm doing a demo of the compact at either PTS or a Grahams tomorrow, I can't remember which. I'll also ask in office where I'm stuck for most of the day.

Sponsored Links
great, the return of Dick Puller. :rolleyes: The last couple of months have been a complete troll fest on this forum, they're all coming out the woodwork.
Funny though, Vokera. Joke of a company. Used to make some decent boilers years back, not any more. Joker. Must be on a wind up or stupid. either or.
Naturally I'm disappointed to read your opinion MickyG and don't agree but we'll strive to improve.

Hi VC, you know my gripes with Vokera as they're well documented in the CC. for the benefit of those here who may feel my comments have no merit... A customer of Vokera who's boiler decided to start leaking 2 weeks before christmas was unable to contact them for 5 days as their phone lines were too busy and had no queueing system in place. I tried to contact them also and gave up. Additionally their agent in my area has caused quite a few issues with properties I look after, and to the cynic it would look like they're just trying to get out of honouring the warranty.
The boilers don't inspire confidence in terms of ease of maintenance and quality of components, however I'm yet to get properly involved with a new one, so I'll reserve judgement.

mickyg";p="1885239 said:
No, your comment have merit and I'm sure you don't exaggerate.
Yes, about the phone lines; there are 15 into the customer care centre and sometimes we even had to use mobiles to get in and out.

Mostly it was condensates frozen when I was there before Christmas and I sat in on a day of calls. Was there last week and there were two additional new people taking calls in a much more relaxed state. Even the sales girls were trying to help people in the freeze up by taking calls. I think it happens to most manufacturers in a freeze. In my personal opinion I look upon that as an installation fault but it simply eats up the lines, I believe Worcester shut their's the year before.

I spoke to the southern service manager about your problem who is aware of the agent issue but he tells me there are 4 or 5 that could be called to cover EN9. I will remind him and also he is now a member of the cc forum so watches the posts, I'll direct him to this one. If you could find any paperwork or the address plot number etc we could trace it. PM me.

I really now only service my old customers who have Neatheats, Baxi FS and WM boilers so it was interesting for me to strip and reassemble the Linea One which is a bigger Unica with bells and whistles.

With a decent toolkit it was fine except for the rim of the plate which is sharp like many (Intergas excepted). :) Unpin and move the hot and cold and there's more room to get the plate out.

If you get one with 12mm clearance on the right and have to take the burner out it'll be 'interesting'. I'm going to set that one up for myself.

As for not honouring the warranty - not in my experience. I've been to jobs with the company replacing a boiler that was not needing replacement due to fluctuating gas pressures plus pumps, plate exchangers etc due to dreadful installs and they bite the bullet. I tell you I wouldn't do it.

You know probably better than me all boilers have quirks and idiosyncrasies which once you know about you just work round. If they didn't they wouldn't have the small print 'subject to change at short notice' somewhere in the instructions. I just wish all changes were for the better.

BTW about sealing the flues on the park homes; I don't think there is one manufacturer who states the dress trim is a satisfactory seal is there? I know our guys are instructed to note them but not cap them off.

I'll keep doing this unless I catch a rocket and told otherwise but I wish all manufacturers would admit to representation on a forum, particularly the CC.

Thanks Vulcan for trying this, it looks like a bit of a pig to do. Luckily the one I had was in free space in the loft with loads of clearance to the side. Not sure where the water had escaped when the condensate blocked but it had caused a large puddle in the bottom of the casing and filled the pressure sensing tube that goes to the gas valve. The fan died a couple of weeks later (probably unrelated.The plastic impeller had detatched from the shaft.) Blew everything clear and a bit of hairdryer action and it was ok!

BTW about sealing the flues on the park homes; I don't think there is one manufacturer who states the dress trim is a satisfactory seal is there? I know our guys are instructed to note them but not cap them off.

I'll keep doing this unless I catch a rocket and told otherwise but I wish all manufacturers would admit to representation on a forum, particularly the CC.

if you are taking about the rubber that goes around a horizontal flue outside? then Alpha state that the collar is all you need.

Also, it makes me laugh when topics like this one and other come up. "were can i get a Atag, which valliant, etc..." come on. :rolleyes:

the worst I think is ideal with their flipping 'logic' boiler, practicably from day one they been trying to feed the "we changed, we better, it not an isar" line.

btw VC, tell who ever is in charge of the marketing that A4 sized pictures of happy family is not going to make me switchto vokera :LOL:

Sponsored Links

yeh quite a few manufacturers allow it. Glowworm and alpha for sure, and a few others i cant remeber without checking. But makes me laugh that one manufacturer says its fine and another says its at risk ...How is that? What "risk" is there? None imo and other manufacturers so then the cynic in you asks why they would turn off a boiler and walk away ? Fine if its not to MI its ncs, and get on with the repair.

mehran";p="1885467 said:
btw VC, tell who ever is in charge of the marketing that A4 sized pictures of happy family is not going to make me switchto vokera :LOL:

Well, I'm going back to have a look at the site as I haven't seen the pictures, only the directors photos.

er... actually my boss is in charge of marketing and training, I'll pass the information on, or maybe not :)

I would clear one thing though, if I can chip in with something useful I'll try. I've learned far far more from this site than I could ever put in. Sales is not me. Anyway when I was choosing my boilers the more someone pushed something the more stubborn I got.

Daft thing and perhaps I shouldn't admit it but I was always a sucker for a good brochure on good quality paper. Baxi and Trisave had good leaflets; one range was great, the other terrible.

was taking about the ones in the gas engineer mag.

I like a big close-up shot of the inside of the boiler followed by why its better then the rest with some technical gibberish.

btw I had the vokera Rep about 6 months ago in my house. he promised me a "special" price that only a few other people in the town would get... fair enough :)

went in to PTS the next day and found that vokera was on special offer to everyone...and to make it worse the price was cheaper than the one I was promised :LOL: apparently the Rep felt like a right tit :evil:

well... do you think if I write in and ask your boss for that hour of my life back he would give it to me? ;)

anyway nothing against vokera but if the price I got from PTS is anything to go by, you are looking for £500 more then Intergas 36/30 and £250 more then a Atag A325ECX....

was taking about the ones in the gas engineer mag.

I like a big close-up shot of the inside of the boiler followed by why its better then the rest with some technical gibberish.

btw I had the vokera Rep about 6 months ago in my house. he promised me a "special" price that only a few other people in the town would get... fair enough :)

went in to PTS the next day and found that vokera was on special offer to everyone...and to make it worse the price was cheaper than the one I was promised :LOL: apparently the Rep felt like a right tit :evil:

well... do you think if I write in and ask your boss for that hour of my life back he would give it to me? ;)

anyway nothing against vokera but if the price I got from PTS is anything to go by, you are looking for £500 more then Intergas 36/30 and £250 more then a Atag A325ECX....

Ah, misunderstood.

Got it today so looked. Doesn't look like my house :D too white and nobody goes barefoot.

As for the half hour of your life; I know my boss is all powerful (so I'm told) but I think you overestimate their capabilities.

I'm worried that you're seeing me as pushing the product. I answered the OP and it snowballed from there. If anyone has a question I can answer or wants me to ask I will but that's as far as it goes.

If you want photographs, that I can do. If you want to know something specific just ask.

TBH anyone in the CC has their heads screwed on and knows boilers. All manufacturers have had turkeys or components that have proven problematic - maybe not Intergas but they're new.

Maybe we will get a perfect boiler one day -then some twit will drop it at the merchants or install it upside down or something.

If you're comfortable with one thing, stick with it, I always did and most are still running now and running better than I am.

right, i interested in how vokera got the 1:10 modulation range and if it cost them anything like flue length. would like to know how much it is and why it looks to be price more then any other combi i have even seen...ever. does it take pre-heat water?

would like a free one :LOL: I being serious btw ;)

and on a light note....taking about boiler fitted upside down:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3IVr7WU84I
it even works :LOL:

right, i interested in how vokera got the 1:10 modulation range and if it cost them anything like flue length. would like to know how much it is and why it looks to be price more then any other combi i have even seen...ever. does it take pre-heat water?

would like a free one :LOL: I being serious btw ;)

and on a light note....taking about boiler fitted upside down:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3IVr7WU84I
it even works :LOL:

Tech questions noted. May take a while.

I did ask how much some time ago and was told it is to be sold below the top of the range Vaillants and Worcesters. Compared with others I don't know and suggested retail price means nothing.

As for free, now you're overestimating my influence. Anyway, I've found nothing that is free is valued by the recipient as there's no money or investment in it. There, I've saved you from yourself :D

You know the 3 free mug I got(Heatline, Biasi and Intergas) are amongst my most treasured possessions I have.

btw i have noted an out side sensor will be included. i wonder how many of them will be fitted?

You know the 3 free mug I got(Heatline, Biasi and Intergas) are amongst my most treasured possessions I have.

btw i have noted an out side sensor will be included. i wonder how many of them will be fitted?

What about a pen or key ring? :D

As for the outside sensors, I wonder how many will be trusted? People like switches and ON/OFF!

Mehran,

I believe you are correct on the assumption about the flue length. The fan on te Linea One is the same as on the Mynute's, and Unica's, only the injector plate alters.

As for the range of modulation, I assumed that would be determined by the speed at which the fan can be turned - not so - max speed is 6300 as with the Unica 36 but the minimum speed is also the same, 1400 and the Unica modulates down to only 7.41.

Gas valve, burner and heat exchanger are all different between the 36 Unica and the 38 Linea One.

More feedback Mehran,

Marketing interested in your comments about the advertising and understand your point but they're aimimg the ads at something else.

You want pictures? I'll take them.

Linea One on offer at PTS they believe at the moment for £950.

We have no, absolutely no control over what a branch would sell a product for once they've negociated a price with us so your experience at your local branch would have been something between the branch manager there and their head office.

The upside down boiler was intriguing and we're thinking about justifying it but can't see a reason to want to do it :D I'm working on a revolving rig that'll rotate with maybe fireworks around the edge.:evil:

Apparantly there are incentives on some or all boilers at the moment varying at differing merchants and branches for £100 Timberland boots and £100 North Face jackets.

I know no more than that and although I'd like a new jacket it doesn't apply to me.

I know all manufacturers do this stuff and holidays and cashbacks etc but when I want to buy a boiler I buy a boiler and when I want buy a coat or boots I go to Milletts. I'm told it works. Go figure.

yeh quite a few manufacturers allow it. Glowworm and alpha for sure, and a few others i cant remeber without checking. But makes me laugh that one manufacturer says its fine and another says its at risk ...How is that? What "risk" is there? None imo and other manufacturers so then the cynic in you asks why they would turn off a boiler and walk away ? Fine if its not to MI its ncs, and get on with the repair.

i agree also,i dont see how <300 from a door/window/vent can be ntcs but a rubber collar ar..must be to stop people poking them through 12" square flues and not bricking them up :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back