What volkera?

You'd have to be a little more specific about your reservations with the layout, I might agree or be able to allay your concerns.
:)

forgive me, but if I opened the case and seen this:

I would put the case back on walk away :LOL: I know you cant agree, so not to worry.

not trying to slag vokra off, on paper it would tick a lot of boxes...but its not for me. though I would like to know how they get the modulation range so wide... I suspect it cost them the 60/100mm flueing lengths, as they are quite short.

Like all combis, you'll have divertor valve problems, but not much else with a Vokera

not like all combi's :LOL: would have a look at intergas....

Sponsored Links
great, the return of Dick Puller. :rolleyes: The last couple of months have been a complete troll fest on this forum, they're all coming out the woodwork.
Funny though, Vokera. Joke of a company. Used to make some decent boilers years back, not any more. Joker. Must be on a wind up or stupid. either or.
Naturally I'm disappointed to read your opinion MickyG and don't agree but we'll strive to improve.

From a buyers point of view the old adage "buy cheap buy twice" allways works, but as a consummer I have also got to try and get best value. :confused:
So again thanks

then by a viessmann, get a trained installer and get 5 years warranty.

even the cdi range of worcester can have 5 yrs.

vokera.....buy once......spend 10 times on the cost of the replacment parts.

your man said vokera because he doesn't know a decent boiler and his merchants have vokera on offer!

On a similar vein, I could start a post entitled 'Which Mosvich'. Or 'Which Lidl Chocolate Digestive'.

Similarly difficult decision.

Sponsored Links
forgive me, but if I opened the case and seen this:

I would put the case back on walk away :LOL: I know you cant agree, so not to worry.

not trying to slag vokra off, on paper it would tick a lot of boxes...but its not for me. though I would like to know how they get the modulation range so wide... I suspect it cost them the 60/100mm flueing lengths, as they are quite short.

not like all combi's :LOL: would have a look at intergas....

Mehan, I know you're a thoughtful, knowledgeable poster in the combustion chamber and are being polite to me but have you seen the Linea One? Saying you’d walk away from a boiler, a picture of which possibly 2” square that you’ve seen on the internet may be considered hasty (unless you went to look at one today that is). It really is no more difficult to work on than many others.

I'm trying to interest the company on a video on changing specific parts etc for youtube for those who think it looks difficult.

Saw the Intergas at a show but not close up. Looks straightforward and if it ticks your boxes great.

BTW: do you install many 100/60mm horizontal flues longer than 12 ½’ or vertical longer than 16’? If so, you’re right, the Linea One may not be for you unless you choose the 30’ or 90’ flue options.

With the Linea One, like the Intergas, and all boilers, time will tell. Don't know whether you'd classify the old Hot Water Express as bi-thermic (never heard that term until recently) but it used separate pipework for hot water and heating and that had it's problems too.

manortim";p="1883217 said:
then by a viessmann, get a trained installer and get 5 years warranty.

even the cdi range of worcester can have 5 yrs.

vokera.....buy once......spend 10 times on the cost of the replacment parts.

your man said vokera because he doesn't know a decent boiler and his merchants have vokera on offer!

Three points:

1: Five years warranty on the Linea One whoever puts it in; it is not cheap.
2: There is no perfect boiler.
3: Following on from point two enter Viessmann into the search box on the forum and have a read. (BTW I think they're good boilers and have one in a rented property and have installed for private customers and am able to offer the 5 year warranty so am not anti-Viessmann).

Parts for the Vokera quoted by guys on the forum do seem expensive and that is no help to an installer with a cash strapped or even comfortably off customer to help. I have to think that it's going to be a problem that solves itself.

The company will loose spares sales because of it.
They'll loose new boiler sales because of it.
They'll have to address the problem or suffer or worse.

I just wish installers would write directly to the company about it, they really do pay attention.

What's really difficult to explain and I can't get an definitive answer for is why some parts are so hard to get.

Just had to repair a Unica and found 2 points worth considering. The main heat exchanger is rotated 90 degrees so everything is accessed from the right hand side. Access would be difficult if not impossible if its in a cupboard or a right hand corner.
The condensate overfill sensor is just below the burner at the top of the boiler. When the condensate pipe froze it allowed the boiler to fill with water before it sensed it and locked out. Luckily the gas valve and board survived!

intergas can go 15 meters with a standard 100/60 flue. though I think they are reducing that to 10 meters for a shallower flue elbow off the top of the boiler.

I have had not the need to do so yet :LOL:

it took me years for me to install a intergas(looking at atmos), it was not a rash judgment.

5 year warranty is almost standard now...

I'm trying to interest the company on a video on changing specific parts etc for youtube for those who think it looks difficult.

I think these did a good job of it:http://trailers.moviecom.tv/cs/centre_stage.asp?cscid=238&mvid=2

or

http://www.intergasheating.co.uk/movies/

just to add, I would be happy to test one if vokera are forth coming in given me one, could even take pictures for one of the mags ;)

As wannocks and you mentioned working on the thing I always have worked on the principle of don't tell someone it can be done if you can't do it yourself. I play with the bits on a bench which is not the same as in situ.

Sooo, having spare time this afternoon I started from a cased Linea One boiler on the demo rig but already drained and removed completely the fan, burner, combustion chamber door and plate heat exchanger, put them to one side then reassembled the lot and filled and fired it up.

32 minuntes to fire up without case trim and pipe cover. Not helped by reassembling the combustion chamber door initially without the condensate probe and not hurrying.

Fiddly drip tray over fan.

Plenty of room on right; whenI have time I'm going to fix up a dummy cupboard on the right to do the burner again. That'll be a dream I'm sure.

Not a Baxi FS or Wall Mounted boiler time but OK and the burner doesn't have to come out for a service each year anyway.

Wish every boiler dissasembled like the animation for the Intergas :D

Just had to repair a Unica and found 2 points worth considering. The main heat exchanger is rotated 90 degrees so everything is accessed from the right hand side. Access would be difficult if not impossible if its in a cupboard or a right hand corner.
The condensate overfill sensor is just below the burner at the top of the boiler. When the condensate pipe froze it allowed the boiler to fill with water before it sensed it and locked out. Luckily the gas valve and board survived!

The condensate probe is supposed to do that and the chamber is watertight because of it.

I'm going to set up a cupboard on the right of a Unica sometime with the minimum clearance of 12mm and remove the burner, that looks a patience tester.

how much should I be looking for the vokera Linea One? priced it up at PTS and it took my breath away.

great, the return of Dick Puller. :rolleyes: The last couple of months have been a complete troll fest on this forum, they're all coming out the woodwork.
Funny though, Vokera. Joke of a company. Used to make some decent boilers years back, not any more. Joker. Must be on a wind up or stupid. either or.
Naturally I'm disappointed to read your opinion MickyG and don't agree but we'll strive to improve.

Hi VC, you know my gripes with Vokera as they're well documented in the CC. for the benefit of those here who may feel my comments have no merit... A customer of Vokera who's boiler decided to start leaking 2 weeks before christmas was unable to contact them for 5 days as their phone lines were too busy and had no queueing system in place. I tried to contact them also and gave up. Additionally their agent in my area has caused quite a few issues with properties I look after, and to the cynic it would look like they're just trying to get out of honouring the warranty.
The boilers don't inspire confidence in terms of ease of maintenance and quality of components, however I'm yet to get properly involved with a new one, so I'll reserve judgement.

Thanks to all who replied,very informative. I joined this forum specifically for this question.
The problem,as with all choices in all manner of things, there are pros and cons. You can see how difficult it is for us lay-men when you proffesionals can have a ding dong of an argument over which is best.
My advisor only told me the requirements and was reluctant to sugest a make. However when I finnaly did squeze a name from him Vokera was his choice,so now we are here!
From a buyers point of view the old adage "buy cheap buy twice" allways works, but as a consummer I have also got to try and get best value. :confused:
So again thanks

Get yourself an Intergas Combi Compact HRE 36/30 and be happy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back