What's Your Claim To Fame?

Sponsored Links
My right hand has been shaken by 1) Edward Heath 2) Joan Armatrading 3) Bill Wyman
... and kissed by Boy George :eek:

My old fella was voted the 12 best rugby league player in history, he is also the only player to win the most individual player awards in one season which will never be beaten because they scrapped one of the awards years ago

Would you mind saying who he is / played for?

My claims to fame:

I once met one of the presenters of tomorrows world at the young engineers of britain awards.

I have rewired the kitchen of one of the grumbleweeds

The bloke who plays terry in emmerdale drinks in my local pub, and we occasionally go outside for a cigarette at the same time :LOL:

Best I can do is, last 8 of the English amateur snooker championship, never good enough to turn pro...... :cry:

Sponsored Links
I rewired the flat of the PR officer of Queen (The group) who is also related to the guy who ghost writes for Alistair Maclean (spy thrillers) whose house I have also worked in.

i met pope john paul 2nd in bellahouston park Glasgow in 1982.......well me and another 300,000 people :LOL: :LOL:

Gaynor Faye said hello to me as she was buying a sandwhich from a caf'e round the side of Noel coward theatre, where we were havin a drink before goin to seee her in Calender Girls... Last friday 19th :LOL:

In the 1980s I invented the ????? and got £2000 from a large British Company in full and final settlement. The invention is used throughout the world today and I am still known locally as the man who invented the 'thing'. £2000 for a moment of inspiration followed by a letter seemed amazing at the time.

A few years earlier when digital goods started to appear, I had a similar good idea and sent it to Ingersol a large watch making concern which may still be on the go. Their reply stated that they might never use the idea but by way of thanks for sending it to them they also sent their catalogue inviting me to choose a watch. Naturally I chose the most expensive one. The idea itself was so simple and suggested an ad which went along the lines of, "10.59, is that the time? No, that's the price!"

just a mere full page article in australias' most widely read (and possibly only) travel magazine.

did you invent the mullet bolo?

I had my hair stroked by Anni-Frid Lyngstad from Abba in Berlin in 1976 after the show. She was/is gorgeous. I was a Paratrooper but fell in love with her from that moment!!!

(By the way the supprting act was Steeleye Span. Brilliant show - Had free tickets too.) :D

A Para eh? We all know there are only things that come out of the sky... :LOL: ;)

My claim is more related to infamy.
My Dad ran one of the largest smuggling operations in the border area of South Armagh during the troubles , running the gauntlet of north/ south police and customs officials.
One of my best memories was watching one of the hardened smugglers escape north in his lorry who had just passed through our private border crossing point by driving through a blocade and then honking his horn in delight at escaping to the bemusement of several impotent customs and police officials. :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back