Oh well, you can be an honarary electrician for the night :LOL:

No sense of humour some people.... :rolleyes:

(not you jefoss) ;)

Sponsored Links
TO answer the thread question (again).

ALL OF THEM!

I'd rather go fishing :D

Back to the thread topic.....

Don't mind most practical stuff, it's working out what building regulation i need to read in order to change a lightbulb, and deciphering whether I need a BCO visit or not to witness me drilling a hole in a piece of timber, that does my head in. :evil:

I enjoy all DIY, whether its the house or the garden. I think i'm pretty decent at most things.......

But I hate wallpapering and cannot do it to save my life!

The hardest job I even had to be was a stationary engineer as I had to take and pass a course for industrial electric service (440V)

Betweens Ohms law IRE etc and Columbs and micro Henries and circular mill of the wire and single pole single throw switch and DTDP and three way and a whetstone bridge ( full wave rectifer) I gained a whole new respect for sparky's and the National electrical code I have a a lot of respect for electricians VERY complex field you chose.

I think the only reason I was able to pass the course was my plumbing back ground as I changed the switches to valves and instead of hot / neutral and gound I made it hot /cold and return in my mind

A diode I made into a check valve and resistance became friction loss

I thought plumbing had lots of math formulas and at least with plumbing you can see the water without a meter( Simpson 260) I would never have been able to do the complex testing of AC equipment.

Very techinical profession my hat off to you gentleman

Painting for me. Just can't do the cutting in thing so it looks good.

I agree with the silly cone stuff too. I've tried the chemical remover, but it's only any good for removing the thinnest of layers. You still have to remove most of it by hand.

Oil changes can often be tragic too. Must remember to change into wellies rather than the new Timberlands :LOL:

The hardest job I even had to be was a stationary engineer...
Do you mean, like, "be a tree"?

Betweens Ohms law IRE etc and Columbs
Isn't that what Mrs Columbo affectionately calls her famous detective husband?

...micro Henries
Is that like a very small vacuum cleaner?

...and circular mill of the wire and single pole single throw switch and DTDP and three way and a whetstone bridge
Do you mean "Wheatstone", or one of these?

0mhd025_th.jpg

I gained a whole new respect for sparky's
I bet that wasn't mutual. :D

Sponsored Links
Back