Which is the best martial art to learn?

Sponsored Links
LD are you competing in MMA now. You should check out PROKUMITE and let me know what you think.

I'm trying to get one of my guys to have a try at cage fighting, kick boxing with low kicks. He's a strong fighter and much better than some I've seen in the cage, even without the training.

Not yet. I've been a stand-up fighter for the last 16 years. If I stepped into the cage now, I'd get eaten alive. :oops:

I've been a big fan of the UFC since 1994, and I've always wanted to give it a try, but I've only been training in MMA full time for a couple of months, but hopefully in the future I'll be up to competition standard.

How long have PROKUMITE been going? I've never heard of them before (i'll have a good read of their site later). Is it based on the same Kumite from Asia that was featured in the Bloodsport film with Van Damme?

Come on lads - keep up the phony macho bravado. Nobody believes you but I guess it's harmless enough - after all it's only boys talk. :rolleyes:

Gratuitous violence does sicken me.

You have obviously reached the limit of your knowledge of martial arts.

Sponsored Links
Gratuitous violence is sick. Sorry but it is. It's just plain sick.

Gratuitous violence??

Martial arts is about doing the absolute minimum needed to defend yourself and walk away with both parties uninjured.

[
How long have PROKUMITE been going? I've never heard of them before (i'll have a good read of their site later). Is it based on the same Kumite from Asia that was featured in the Bloodsport film with Van Damme?[/quote]

It's not been around for long, they are fight promoters, but I've seen the set up and it could be good. I think they will be good at getting some new faces in the scene. I think their first promotion is in Bracknell later in the year.

It's not been around for long, they are fight promoters, but I've seen the set up and it could be good. I think they will be good at getting some new faces in the scene. I think their first promotion is in Bracknell later in the year.

I'll keep my eye on them. Thanks for the info. :cool:

I've never had a knife pulled on me. If an ASBO type ever does I will break some of his bones. Would that be gratuitous violence or poetic justice.

I've never had a knife pulled on me. If an ASBO type ever does I will break some of his bones. Would that be gratuitous violence or poetic justice.

And his mate would stab you in the neck or pull a gun. Not worth it mate.

He who lives by the sword.......

Sponsored Links
Back