who is to blame?

Sponsored Links
but you need to be driving with consideration for everything around you.. and able to stop in a safe distance. So if you're driving near a pavement, then consider someone falling into the road... driving past parked cars, you need to be aware that they may pull out..
Can you blame a child for not looking before they open their door?

Children in this country are supposed to be taught to open the door on the sidewalk side not into on coming traffic

Sponsored Links
Person who opens the door is at fault so take it off with gusto :LOL:

MW

Not quite, matey!!

It would be 50/50.

Both parties need to take reasonable care to avoid each other.

RULE 239: CHECK BEFORE OPENING YOUR DOOR!

imamartian, if a child is capable of driving the car in the first place i think they should look before they open the door

Not quite, matey!!

It would be 50/50.

No it isn't ... I know this from experience :cry:

Person who opens the door is at fault ... The driver of the car which hits it has no responsibility.

MW

Not quite, matey!!

It would be 50/50.

No it isn't ... I know this from experience :cry:

Person who opens the door is at fault ... The driver of the car which hits it has no responsibility.

MW

Not true, the only reason I think that happened in your case is that the other party gave better evidence etc to the insurer.

imamartian";p="958231 said:
but you need to be driving with consideration for everything around you.. and able to stop in a safe distance. . driving past parked cars,

so what your saying is when passing parked cars you can only go a few mph in case some plonker opens there door onto you so you can stop safely :confused:

I'm just quoting the highway code. It says the driver has a responsibility to check before opening their door.

I'm just quoting the highway code. It says the driver has a responsibility to check before opening their door.

Totally agree, i'm just coming from an insurers point of view regarding claiming and who is at fault.

Sponsored Links
Back