Who will win and by how many?

Sponsored Links
Must admit I'm in a bit of disbelief about the result, I actually am questioning the country I live in. Are these really my fellow men? That's from a eurosceptic.

I think a lot of people think the same. There seemed to be a huge turnout with thousands of youngsters voting for the first time in an election, which either means their voice is still insignificant against that of older generations now, or they all voted for a tory brexit.

I blame Russian meddling, obviously labour got the most votes, but election fraud swung it. It's the only explanation.

Now, here's a thing - Liberals and Labour actually won the popular vote.

Conservative – 43.6%
Labour – 32.2%
Liberal Democrats – 11.5%

Lib-Lab - 43.7%

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election/2019/results

I'm assuming the above is a joke.

otherwise we could say Lewis Hamilton didn't win the F1 championship as the two drivers in 2nd and 3rd place collectively had more points.

Sponsored Links
I'm assuming the above is a joke.

Half was, but the fact remains, more people voted labour and liberal than voted tory. Let's not forget that. Yes, tory won by a landslide, but more people in the UK still prefer the other parties.

1024px-2005UKElectionMap.svg.png

Here's how it looked under the last Labour government.

1024px-2005UKElectionMap.svg.png

Here's how it looked under the last Labour government.

Looks impressive, but most of the blue areas are sparsely populated compared to the cities.
The Tories found a way to appeal to the city dwellers with Brexit.
If labour can find a way to appeal to the wealthy landowners and country folk they can swing it. The way thing are going, flooding might be a problem if the tories don't hurry up and fix our failing drainage system.

Half was, but the fact remains, more people voted labour and liberal than voted tory. Let's not forget that. Yes, tory won by a landslide, but more people in the UK still prefer the other parties.

Coalitions don't work very well. Lib dems still getting blamed for working with the Torys.
Libs said they would not get into bed with Labour.
Labour said they would not get into bed with Lib Dems

Where is the majority there?

There is no majority, I don't mean a coalition, just that more people voted for alternative parties than the one that won. Simply, most people in the UK don't want a tory government.

Coalitions don't work very well. Lib dems still getting blamed for working with the Torys.
Libs said they would not get into bed with Labour.
Labour said they would not get into bed with Lib Dems

Where is the majority there?

There is a strong argument for changing our FPTP to PR - because we have this crazy 2 party tribal politics.

There is no majority, I don't mean a coalition, just that more people voted for alternative parties than the one that won. Simply, most people in the UK don't want a tory government.

I met 3 of them the other day. All voted brexit but could not hold their noses to vote Torys so didn't vote...

There is a strong argument for changing our FPTP to PR - because we have this crazy 2 party tribal politics.

I'm fine by that... Next election will be fine.

But you have to remember you had 1st past the post in 2016. But you still didn't like it. You moan until this day.

Sponsored Links
Back