Whole life tariff

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There's a case we're all aware of in the news at present. A case where a completely innocent victim was kidnapped, raped and murdered. Investigations have shown the crime was without doubt premeditated and the victim was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I watched a news piece yesterday and the reporter said 'in sentencing, the judge will have at their disposal the option of giving a whole life tariff.'

In cases such as this, I simply cannot get my head around why a whole life tariff wouldn't be given. However I won't hold my breath.

Sponsored Links
There's a case we're all aware of in the news at present. A case where a completely innocent victim was kidnapped, raped and murdered. Investigations have shown the crime was without doubt premeditated and the victim was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I watched a news piece yesterday and the reporter said 'in sentencing, the judge will have at their disposal the option of giving a whole life tariff.'

In cases such as this, I simply cannot get my head around why a whole life tariff wouldn't be given. However I won't hold my breath.
Agreed..Cannot comprehend how he would ever be let out.Cannot comprehend how the family of the victim cope and can be so dignified whilst addressing him with the impact statement in court.

I know many disagree with me, however for me it's straightforward. If someone is killed that is completely innocent (e.g. wrong place wrong time or whatever) and it can be proven the killer has acted under their own initiative e.g. not forced into it, they should if found guilty be sentenced to a whole life tariff.

We're the (6th) wealthiest nation in the world? Goodness knows we p1ss enough £££ up the wall on other stuff, we should be prepared to invest in more prisons and lock people like this up for life ... as in life.

Sponsored Links
I know many disagree with me, however for me it's straightforward. If someone is killed that is completely innocent (e.g. wrong place wrong time or whatever) and it can be proven the killer has acted under their own initiative e.g. not forced into it, they should if found guilty be sentenced to a whole life tariff.

We're the (6th) wealthiest nation in the world? Goodness knows we p1ss enough £££ up the wall on other stuff, we should be prepared to invest in more prisons and lock people like this up for life ... as in life.
Agreed.we either lock them up for good or bump them off.No rehab is ever going to work.

So now the tax payer has to cough
Up hundreds of thousands of pounds to look after his welfare for the next X amount of years

guilty of an appalling crime

most he should get in prison is a week at best

than he is taken to a designated place and dispatched

personally I would get him to dig his own grave first

So now the tax payer has to cough
Up hundreds of thousands of pounds to look after his welfare for the next X amount of years

guilty of an appalling crime

most he should get in prison is a week at best

than he is taken to a designated place and dispatched

personally I would get him to dig his own grave first
A state putting people to death as a way to control society is not a civilised one.

So you wouldnt argue that capital punishment has a deterrent effect?

A state which kills in retribution is not a civilised one.

Civilisation can appear to be more expensive than barbarism.

Have never said it’s a deterrent

retribution is the order of the day fir appalling cruelty to a young woman same for several other appalling shocking cases of late

no doubt to guilt bump em off

zero interest in your civilised BS

those who inflict there terror and cruelty on others

would get to expeirence what they have inflicted on others

Then he is "out of his misery"..he has "won"" in a weird way.

doubt full
his lawyer said he was appalled at what he had done full of remorse

and did not deserve a full life tariff

in any event I don’t care tbh

prior to his execution he would have medical tests to see if his organs could be used to help others via transplants

if there was no match than perhaps he could be kept in jail untill some needy person came to light ?

he would die knowing that some good had come out of his worthless life

Whole life with penal servitude. Not a life spent in rent free accommodation and protection from attacks by other inmates.

Sponsored Links
Back