Why are plumbers customers such a let down.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Customers
They sit there all summer long knowing their boiler/radiator/tank
needs replacing. Do they ring the poor plumber who is sitting
at home twiddling his thumbs. No.

No they sit there until the first cold snap and then think. Oh maybe
I should ring a plumber. Then wonder why they can't get a plumber to
turn up and sort it out.

People sort it out in the good summer weather!!

Sponsored Links
Cos they have more urgent things to worry about.... New wide screen TV, what colour the new car should be etc, etc.... Been nice and steady this Summer but it's gone barmy now..

Why don't plumbers advertise special offers on heating sytems during the summer when they are sitting round twiddling their thumbs?? :evil: :evil:

Sponsored Links
Just do like what tesco's and sainsburies do during special offer season.
Raise the prices. :LOL:

Why don't plumbers advertise special offers on heating sytems during the summer when they are sitting round twiddling their thumbs?? :evil: :evil:

coz the knobheads would rather be warm for two weeks in spain rather than 4mths in the winter.

Another example.

Turned up at agreed time to fix oil boiler.

"Customer"
Oh we had an oil delivery and the boiler just started working. I meant to tell you.

"Me"
Well that's all very well and good but I'm standing on your doorstep now!
Here is your call out charge. For some reason the customer wasn't happy with my bill????

Another example.

Turned up at agreed time to fix oil boiler.

"Customer"
Oh we had an oil delivery and the boiler just started working. I meant to tell you.

"Me"
Well that's all very well and good but I'm standing on your doorstep now!
Here is your call out charge. For some reason the customer wasn't happy with my bill????

Or "its been fixed, another plumber came! I phoned a few plumbers and the other guy got here first!" :evil:

I have had a very bad month for Custards aguing the cost of spare parts having seen the cost on the Tinternet :evil: apparently we are not allowed to put even a modest mark up on the cost of spares!! (I try to explain that this is to cover the costs involved in warranty claims should the new part fail, but they don't seem to get this

Perhaps I'll try the same argument with Sainsburys this week!! :rolleyes:

Or the customers that have become 'friends' and ring you at 10pm and expect you to drop everything and sort out their leak but not willing to pay emergency rates. The fact that you are kn*ckered and been working all days makes no odds.

When you finally get to look at the problem, its normally a slight leak that would take a week to fill a saucer.

Or the customers that have become 'friends' and ring you at 10pm and expect you to drop everything and sort out their leak but not willing to pay emergency rates. The fact that you are kn*ckered and been working all days makes no odds.

When you finally get to look at the problem, its normally a slight leak that would take a week to fill a saucer.

......and the bloody leak has been there for at least a year :rolleyes:
John :)

I was once asked to go to a leaking pipe on behalf of an emergency cover company after 11 pm.

I spoke to the owner who worked in an Indian restaurant to see if it really was urgent!

It turned out that it had been leaking for three days into a bucket and he had only called after 11 pm because thats the time he got home so a convenient time for HIM for the repair to be done!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back