Why are so many pubs closing?

Mate went to doctors because he was ****ting blood etc . Doctor said how many units of alcohol a week do you drink
Eh about 80
doctor ...you drink 40 pints a week really
mate ... oh is a unit half pint in that case its 160 .
Couple of weeks later mate standing drinking pint of bitter , I says to him wtf you up to he told you to stay off it , Mate replied no he didnt he said keep off the lager :)

I've always assumed the recommended 14 units a week is for children and pregnant women.

Sponsored Links
Been reading about how many clubs are closing. Beer too expensive being the main reason and expensive door entry.

And maybe too many drug dealers dealing.

expensive door entry

Must be decades ago, that I last paid to go into a pub.

That’s one thing I’ve never done. I’ve always made it to work on a Monday. Hanging a lot of times in my 20’s and 30’s

To me, "Monday Club" was a (very) early dart from work.

I loved a proper lock in on a Sunday evening - back when it was half-past-ten closing : slip the bolt across the door, draw the curtains...... Happy times (y)

Sponsored Links
Overheads of running a business. The heating and electricity costs have been a major game changer for everyone.

Why are so many pubs closing?​

PM and Emperor of Londinstan are muslims. What do you expect?

My mistake, pardon me.
I thought he was because when he was partying with bojo during lockdown he said he was a tea total.
Wrong assumption.

I think what's as much an issue is immigrants to this country dont have drinking culture like we do.

Then I don't think we have that culture as much as we did in years gone by.

The cost of tv subscription sports channels is also about £12,000 a year at my local.

I think what's as much an issue is immigrants to this country dont have drinking culture like we do.

Then I don't think we have that culture as much as we did in years gone by.

Most of the "immigrants" in my local Irish pub are Poles and Albanians- they definitely like drinking. Oh, and needless to say, many of the other immigrants are Irish.

Last edited:
The cost of tv subscription sports channels is also about £12,000 a year at my local.

And they are no longer only paying just Sky, they have to pay the likes of BT Sports on top of that as well.

Years ago, the local at the end of my road used to use dodgy satellite boxes to show live football at 3pm on a Saturday. They got fined a grand by the judge. They paid, and continued to show the illegal games.

At a push, I would guess that showing the games (before being fined) resulted in about £20K in extra profit- and no I am not exaggerating.

Sponsored Links
Back