Why do we need negotiators?

Why can't everyone just get behind their country and support the UK?

I suppose it's because nearly 52% of the people who voted didn't want to support what the country was doing, and wanted something different.

Are you saying they shouldn't have done?

Sponsored Links
I suppose it's because 52% of the people who voted didn't want to support what the country was doing, and wanted something different.

Are you saying they shouldn't have done?

What I'm saying is that Brexit is happening, whether they like it or not, whether they want it or not. They are foolish not to support their country.

It's happenening. Get with it.

Everyone (including remoaners) should remember that the EU (and specific EU countries) have a much if not more to loose as the UK, and would prefer a deal of some sorts instead of WTO tarriffs. The UK is not in the weak position that is touted in the press and repeated by the remoaners.
Brexiteers keep saying, and I have yet to see anything support it. We are a much smaller economy than the EU, and a loss of trade between us the EU would hit us harder than it would them. And its not just the tariffs, but the other barriers that would cost more.

Brexit is happening. Why can't everyone just get behind their country and support the UK? Why are UK people actually willing it, and the UK to actually fail. Thats just complete stupidity, I can't understand that at all.
Last time I checked, we are meant to live in a democracy. This means we don't just blindly follow something we think is a stupid idea. Kind of reminiscent of the Iraq war debacle.

Sponsored Links
This means we don't just blindly follow something we think is a stupid idea

So what are your plans for the next 18 months? Keep moaning about the inevitable or accept the democractic decision that you referred to and get behind the UK?

Last time I checked, we are meant to live in a democracy. This means we don't just blindly follow something we think is a stupid idea. Kind of reminiscent of the Iraq war debacle.
Agreed - we don't follow something blindly, but has hundreds of discussions about Brexit on a DIY forum changed anything?

There's little we can do about Brexit now as ordinary people, we're buggered.

So what are your plans for the next 18 months? Keep moaning about the inevitable or accept the democractic decision that you referred to and get behind the UK?
Why would we?
If it had gone the other way, I can't imagine Brexiteers quietly supporting the EU all of a sudden.

Like I said, we live in a democracy, and so we continue to debate these issues.

A quote from the normally delusional David Davis: "If a democracy cannot change its mind, it ceases to be a democracy".

You have yet to state why someone who is opposed to Brexit, should blindly support it. Especially as we live in a democracy.

If it had gone the other way, I can't imagine Brexiteers quietly supporting the EU all of a sudden.

But it didn't. And it wont. Stop living in the past, it is not going to change.

When are you going to get behind your country, instead of deriding it? Support your country and support its negotiations for the best deal possible for you in 2019.

When are you going to get behind your country, instead of deriding it? Support your country and support its negotiations for the best deal possible for you in 2019.
The best deal for the UK is no Brexit. Do you disagree?

WTF does that mean?

Will they do anything to find out if it has changed its mind again?
It means that we are in danger of being less democratic by steamrollering something that is detrimental to our country.

Why would I ignore known facts to pretend it was going to be great? What would the benefit be of such a delusion?

The best deal for the UK is no Brexit. Do you disagree?

How many times .... Brexit is happening. Stop moaping about things that won't happen, and deal with the things that will happen.

It means that we are in danger of being less democratic by steamrollering something that is detrimental to our country.
Steamrollering?! It was voted for - wrong or right it's the voice of the UK.
Nobody is steamrollering.

I agree, it may not be in the UK's interest but there's nowt to be done other than trust those in power to sort the mess and do their best for us all.

Gulp.

Why would I ignore known facts to pretend it was going to be great? What would the benefit be of such a delusion?
You don't have to pretend it's great. You just have to accept brexit.

No one has said yet what we are actually negotiating for.

Free movement of people - not happening.
(therefore)

No Single market for the UK - back to the expensive old ways.
(So)

No need to pay the EU anymore money - no divorce settlement to argue over.

The EU ain't gonna budge or else they will look silly in front of the remaining EU members. Our Quitter politicians, that are pulling the strings are certainly not going to back down, I read it on Sky News. In the grand scheme of things who cares about a few ex-pat's in Spain when millions at home will be suffering the fall out from Brexit first hand. Stuff 'em. We just need to tell the US and Japan what we want and they will let us have it 'cause we are the UK and we are ace.
So.....

Can someone (with a bit of sense) actually say what is left to negotiate.

Sponsored Links
Back