Why...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any question really. Mine today is

Why is it nearly every blind kit anything with screws supplied they are sh'tty crap screws which are nearly always phillips heads instead of Pozi :( Why?

Sponsored Links
Any question really. Mine today is

Why is it nearly every blind kit anything with screws supplied they are sh'tty crap screws which are nearly always phillips heads instead of Pozi :( Why?

I find the same thing with electrical stuff, light fittings etc. I wouldnt saw the screws are poor quality, but invariably they are philips.
Or some sort of screw neither philips or pozi and has some weird angle so no screwdriver fits well.

Door handles, window casement stays etc - screws made of cheese, usually slotted with the slot too thin.

The USofA doesn't use pozi's but then they are a bit backward.

Sponsored Links
A lot of machine screws (bolts) are Phillips type.
No bother if you use a Phillips screwdriver or bit.
The screws and plugs supplied with most things are poor.

Tools in blister packs, what's that all about, you need tools to get into them.. Weird.

Plasterboard screws always have perfectly cut crosses for drivers. Why and how is that?
Thats true the bugle headed plasterboard screws do fit drivers well -which is good because they dont fall off.

Some philips headed screws are rubbish, they just dont fit the bits

I find the same thing with electrical stuff, light fittings etc. I wouldnt saw the screws are poor quality, but invariably they are philips.
Or some sort of screw neither philips or pozi and has some weird angle so no screwdriver fits well.

Door handles, window casement stays etc - screws made of cheese, usually slotted with the slot too thin.
Absolutely why? Normally accompanied with the sh'test wall plugs too.

If you haven't got a 150mm long bit holder for your driver - then why not? You will not reach for your stubby fella ever again.(y)

Anyway, I'm also in the camp of buy something, take a note of supplied fixings, then chuck them.

Sponsored Links
Back