Why...

Ok following on the theme WHy...

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-...an-love-story-advert-women-lgbt-a9199321.html

WTAF.

Seriously why don't they just rename the car the Renault Clito Lesbo. What about men, have we been completely relegated to the rubbish pile, can't even make it equal and have a couple of homo's in the back seats.

We all know this is Renault's PR attempt to stay in touch with today's mixed up f'd up society of 'just being' that's all it ever is of course but what about exclusion? Anyway i wouldn't as a normal (duh boring!) man want a Renault Clito now thanks, could of spiced it up a bit and made one of them bisexual! Soory i mean Bi-PhobicNeutralPositiveGenderbackwards+-=(xyz)

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
But the 'backward' USA invented Philips (Henry Philips, Oregon) screws and were using them while we still struggled on with slotted. Long before Pozi was invented.

Well, it was a simple leapfrog then, I doubt many people prefer Philips to Pozis.

But then, they like to hold onto old fashioned things, like imperial measurements. He said whilst ordering some 8x4x12mm sheets over a pint :LOL:

Last edited by a moderator:
This has been a reminder that I need to get some more of these as I just lost the smaller one of the 2.
I find it really useful in my cordless screwdriver (appropriately torqued) doing up all those contactor & terminal screws all day.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
There's another variant of the cross head screwdriver: the Japanese standard, as used on their early motorcycles.

I learnt this from a James May TV programme recently!

Sponsored Links

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-...an-love-story-advert-women-lgbt-a9199321.html

WTAF.

Seriously why don't they just rename the car the Renault Clito Lesbo. What about men, have we been completely relegated to the rubbish pile, can't even make it half equal and have a couple of homo's on the back seats.

We all know this is Renault's PR attempt to stay in touch with today's mixed up f'd up society of 'just being' that's all it ever is of course but what about exclusion? Anyway i wouldn't as a normal (duh boring!) man want a Renault Clito now thanks, could of spiced it up a bit and made one of them bisexual! Soory i mean Bi-PhobicNeutralPositiveGenderbackwards+-=(xyz)

Anyway we digress what about this!

WTAF.

Seriously why don't they just rename the car the Renault Clito Lesbo. What about men, have we been completely relegated to the rubbish pile, can't even make it equal and have a couple of homo's in the back seats.

It is ridiculous that adverts are now using people’s sexuality (mainly lesbian I notice) to sell.
We have the large supermarkets doing it now.
Can’t remember which one, but there is an advert where 2 women that could be thought of as friends or sisters, but then one of them announces that the other is her wife. Bizarre and irrelevant to the advert.
Seems they sort of throw the word Lesbian into the advert.
Where will this all end?
Should we have every type of person, race, religion/non religion, of all political views and of all sexualities be mentioned in adverts?

WTAF.

In all honesty, why do you feel threatened by this advert? Of course men haven't been completely regulated to the rubbish heap, strange thing to say.
Women have for hundreds of years been the lesser sex, treated as so - and still are in some countries. Do you not like that women are having a voice now?
All this gay, non-binary etc stuff, it will blow over as people just accept it. It will just become a part of life and no need to keep banging on about labels.

In all honesty, why do you feel threatened by this advert? Of course men haven't been completely regulated to the rubbish heap, strange thing to say.
Women have for hundreds of years been the lesser sex, treated as so - and still are in some countries. Do you not like that women are having a voice now?
All this gay, non-binary etc stuff, it will blow over as people just accept it. It will just become a part of life and no need to keep banging on about labels.

I don't feel threatened at all that's not my point, just about how men are portrayed today, maybe just how women used to be portrayed as ditsy bits of skirt who's only contribution to society was eye candy and getting in the kitchen.. hmm. I am completely 100% for equality i don't need to go ott the other way to prove or proclaim this but some of the big corps feel the need to. Imho just looks tacky like a some dad waltzing into a young group saying hey im a gender neutral with anxiety issues don't drink from that plastic bottle whilst gesticulating at his Extinction Rebellion tshirt.

I was watching Justin Lee Collins (a somewhat controversial person himself i know!) the other day - Bring back the A-team and he interviewed 'The Face' now ok he sounds like an old dinosaur you may say maybe bitter but he had a point about what has changed today. Men were allowed to act macho back then and we could laugh at it. But now, it's not allowed, men like this are all monsters and shameful s'xual predators!

"It was the last truly masculine male driven show, the feminisation of television is complete..' Taking a bit far for me, but i see his point.

Ive copied it at the point where he's talking and i found myself agreeing... have a watch.

I don't feel threatened at all that's not my point, just about how men are portrayed today, maybe just how women used to be portrayed as ditsy bits of skirt who's only contribution to society was eye candy and getting in the kitchen.. hmm. I am completely 100% for equality i don't need to go ott the other way to prove or proclaim this but some of the big corps feel the need to. Imho just looks tacky like a some dad waltzing into a young group saying hey im a gender neutral with anxiety issues don't drink from that plastic bottle whilst gesticulating at his Extinction Rebellion tshirt.

I was watching Justin Lee Collins (a somewhat controversial person himself i know!) the other day - Bring back the A-team and he interviewed 'The Face' now ok he sounds like an old dinosaur you may say maybe bitter but he had a point about what has changed today. Men were allowed to act macho back then and we could laugh at it. But now, it's not allowed, men like this are all monsters and shameful s'xual predators!

"It was the last truly masculine male driven show, the feminisation of television is complete..' Taking a bit far for me, but i see his point.

Ive copied it at the point where he's talking and i found myself agreeing... have a watch.

Your post that I picked up on was emotive and that's why I said you feel threatened.

That a-team thing is an hour long. Sorry, not watching!

But I hear middle-aged men and older moaning about all this time and time again, thinking their victimised, lol. Think it was ok in the 70's to grab some woman without permission? Comment on her tits or whatever? Offer no roles other than a sexy secretary until she pops a few out? More acceptable then, not acceptable now and if men think that behaviour was macho then they've got to learn it's no longer the case. Things have changed, will continue to change and for want of another phase - tough shi t.

As I said, all of this will settle down and the only people who will get upset are those people who can't move on. They'll die out soon enough anyway.

Your post that I picked up on was emotive and that's why I said you feel threatened.

That a-team thing is an hour long. Sorry, not watching!

But I hear middle-aged men and older moaning about all this time and time again, thinking their victimised, lol. Think it was ok in the 70's to grab some woman without permission? Comment on her tits or whatever? Offer no roles other than a sexy secretary until she pops a few out? More acceptable then, not acceptable now and if men think that behaviour was macho then they've got to learn it's no longer the case. Things have changed, will continue to change and for want of another phase - tough shi t.

As I said, all of this will settle down and the only people who will get upset are those people who can't move on. They'll die out soon enough anyway.
I pasted the YouTube link at the exact point where the face is speaking so you didnt have to watch it all ;)
Anyway it's not about victimisation no men were in the advert(??) it was about the subject matter and the association of the Renault clito and a gender neutral lesbian plus minus relationship and a fking car ffs. As I was saying not long ago you would have maybe a multi racial couple or group driving it but now it's full on lesbo mobile. What next?!

Yes being in my late 70's now I can't really tolerate this stuff it's all pretentious bs just like being a vegan etc.. I've seen so many people resort to a bacon sarnie after proclaiming such..

I bet those women go back to men after a while.. :LOL:

I pasted the YouTube link at the exact point where the face is speaking so you didnt have to watch it all ;)
Anyway it's not about victimisation no men were in the advert(??) it was about the subject matter and the association of the Renault clito and a gender neutral lesbian plus minus relationship and a fking car ffs. As I was saying not long ago you would have maybe a multi racial couple or group driving it but now it's full on lesbo mobile. What next?!

Yes being in my late 70's now I can't really tolerate this stuff it's all pretentious bs just like being a vegan etc.. I've seen so many people resort to a bacon sarnie after proclaiming such..

I bet those women go back to men after a while.. :LOL:
Urm, the youtube link starts from the beginning - I guess that doesn't work?

"I bet those women go back to men after a while.. :LOL:",

oh dear. Best you go back to sitting all angry and miserable in your hard done by MCP bubble :) :)

Urm, the youtube link starts from the beginning - I guess that doesn't work?

"I bet those women go back to men after a while.. :LOL:",

oh dear. Best you go back to sitting all angry and miserable in your hard done by MCP bubble :) :)
Mcp Microsoft certified professional? I dont see how that helps me.. I was once, not something I'm proud of though.

And BTW that was all said somewhat tongue in cheek, but maybe misunderstood in todays society, back then we were able to say what we felt and laugh at it too.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back