Wiring an external summer house from the main building

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I'm at the final stages of building a summer house and I'm now starting to think about getting electric to the building.

I need power for lights, alarm/motion sensor, and a few sockets for items such as TV, music and probably some power tools. The building is about 25metres from the main house.
I was just wondering how much it would roughly cost to get a sparky and breakdown for each part of the job? I know the question might depend on a number of factors, but need to know a rough estimate so I can work out if I can afford to get the job done this year. I'm happy to to do all the boring manuel side, digging the trench, prepping the sockets etc.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
I know the question might depend on a number of factors,
Correct. Trying to estimate that without without seeing a whole host of things is a bit like
There's too many variables, not least where you live. Doing this job in Chelsea where you have a Tesla and a Ferrari in the drive behind the electric gates will be a different level of magnitude to the same job in, say, Stoke on trent. Assuming there is electricity that far North.

You'll need a registered electrician. Go to this site https://www.competentperson.co.uk type in your postcode, find some local sparks and get two or three quotes.
It won't cost anything, and you'll be able to ask them what work (if any) you could do yourself.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back