wiring switch

switches ticked are correct
switch 4 cable a goes to switch 8 cable f
switch 8 cable e goes to switch goes to switch 6 cable c and
switch 7 cable d goes to under cupboard lights

All cables at 4,6,7 and 8 are dead untill switch 5 is pressed then black of cable c on switch 6 becomes live.

Sponsored Links
in which case you need to investigate and report on the wiring at the lights.. kitchen, hall and any others nearby..

you may have a hidden junction box under a floor somewhere which will complicate things no end..

thats always your answer, whats the point of this website.

The point of this website is that folk like me, fully qualified with in XS of 20 years experience give up our free time to help people like you sort out electrical faults.

You have been repeatedly asked to help yourself by reading the Wiki and by posting pictures here to give us a visual. You have done neither. if you can't read, get someone to read it for you.

We are able to help to at least some degree or other, but we need you to help US by posting pictures and information that is not contradictory.

You have been repeatedly asked to help yourself by reading the Wiki
im not clever at reading and understanding so i need someone to tell me what wires to put where

and by posting pictures here to give us a visual. You have done neither. if you can't read, get someone to read it for you.
spoon-proto.jpg

Sponsored Links
It wasn't really directed at Greeny, but as advice to others reading this post.

but "you" can be used to address a group of people as well as an individual..... or do you prefer the american new york gangster version of "yous" for groups?

Hmmm...
thats always your answer, whats the point of this website.
The point of this website is that folk like me, fully qualified with in XS of 20 years experience give up our free time to help people like you sort out electrical faults.

You have been repeatedly asked to help yourself by reading the Wiki and by posting pictures here to give us a visual. You have done neither. if you can't read, get someone to read it for you.

We are able to help to at least some degree or other, but we need you to help US by posting pictures and information that is not contradictory.
It wasn't really directed at Greeny, but as advice to others reading this post.
OK.

:eek: nine pages to fix a simple problem that would have taken a sparky about 1 or 2 hours tops.

ColJack, hats off to you fella, but im sure it would have been easier to drive to his gaff, no matter where it is and just belled it through and been done with it!

i was hoping to have sorted it before 9 pages as well but people keep butting in with rude comments i think because they have nothing else to do. I appreciate the work of coljack and others that have offered constructive help. Coljack has the up to date diagram that he has kindly done and that is the stage where im at

This thread is like watching an amateur perfomance of "Waiting for Godot" - in slow motion...........

Lucia.

sorry as before there is a single t and e in each of the hall wall lights, same to the under cupboard lights, just the spots i cant see.

then get out a ladder and get up there..

if it's just T+E's to all the lights then the balls in your court to start pulling up floorboards and looking for the junction box that's probably the cause of your problems, or to call in a sparky who will be able to diagnose first hand what's what and then hunt for the JB himself should he decide there is one.

we still need to know how many holes are in the back of switch 8..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back