wood cutting circular disk for mini angle grinder wanted

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It would appear that the smallest internal diametor that Tool Station sell is 20mm and my angle grinder is 22mm. I have just got back from Tool Station tried these on my grinder and it wont fit the slot (with removing the gard as well) Seems Screw Fix next door as as gormless as ever!

It would now appear that they have done this as a deliberated attempt to sell you a new tool, what do you think please?

Sponsored Links
I've been buying 'flapper discs' for my grinder from Temu. Unbelievablly cheap and they come with a packer /washer.....

It would appear that the smallest internal diametor that Tool Station sell is 20mm and my angle grinder is 22mm. I have just got back from Tool Station tried these on my grinder and it wont fit the slot (with removing the gard as well) Seems Screw Fix next door as as gormless as ever!

It would now appear that they have done this as a deliberated attempt to sell you a new tool, what do you think please?
This new tool is called a circular saw, and also the correct one to use, angle grinders are not suitable for safely cutting wood, and thats the reason you wont find a wood cutting disc to fit in Screwfix/Toolstation, even with the guard removed:eek:

This new tool is called a circular saw, and also the correct one to use, angle grinders are not suitable for safely cutting wood, and thats the reason you wont find a wood cutting disc to fit in Screwfix/Toolstation, even with the guard removed:eek:

Listen to what Charlie says. Angle grinders are meant for grinding stell/concrete using the correct blades.
Do NOT under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, try to adapt one power tool to do the job of another power tool!

A number of people on this site personally knew someone who did this with fatal results.
Tools are designed for a specific purpose. Us the correct tool for the correct purpose.

Sponsored Links
I remember the story about the poster who tragically died using a wood disc on a grinder, and also this more recent one.

A number of people on this site personally knew someone who did this with fatal results.
Tools are designed for a specific purpose. Us the correct tool for the correct purpose.
what about this then?

If you lack the skills to adapt a saw blade with a 20mm internal hole so it can be used in a 22mm grinder, I'd go as far as to say you may also lack the skills to risk assess and execute the job without a high chance of causing yourself or others serious injury

That said, if this is for that Aldi angle grinder that you've hopefully eventually bought a battery for, perhaps consider running the battery right the way down so what is already an underpowered grinder is running at considerably lower power, and do the job more slowly if you insist on making your grinder the most dangerous it can possibly be

what about this then?
I wasn't aware you were down with the concept of buying something designed to be fit for purpose, but that would be considerably better than mounting an ill fitting TCT blade in a grinder. Be aware that if the wood bends as you cut it it could still nip the blade and fling the grinder in your face etc; strive to cut the wood so the slot opens up if it bends under its own weight or the weight of what it is supporting

It would be safer to mount your 20mm mini TCT blade in something like this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/GMC-GMC1250-1250W-110mm-Cutter/dp/B00ODE7O76

Last edited:
Whatever it is you are trying to do, there's a tool for it, and it's not an angle grinder.

Again, just because a manufacturer makes a product does not necessarily make it safe/right.

From Screwfix website:

Could this be used to cut tree stumps at ground level?

1 answer

Bosch Customer Service a year ago:

Good morning The Bosch carbide multi wheel "could" cut through wood tree stump roots if they are smaller than the blades diameter but a more suitable method of cutting tree stumps or roots would be using a reciprocating saw and the blade 385PF

Last edited:
Again, just because a manufacturer makes a product does not necessarily make it safe/right.

From Screwfix website:

Could this be used to cut tree stumps at ground level?

1 answer

Bosch Customer Service a year ago:

Good morning The Bosch carbide multi wheel "could" cut through wood tree stump roots if they are smaller than the blades diameter but a more suitable method of cutting tree stumps or roots would be using a reciprocating saw and the blade 385PF
so it dose not say the tool is unsafe right! but is the blade cutting or grinding

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back