wood cutting circular disk for mini angle grinder wanted

Sponsored Links
Check on Amazon? I have a metal cutting saw which fits on a small a-g.
Lots of teeth. Goes through wood v quickly. No idea where it came from tho, but they must have existed once. Probably designed for use in a chopsaw which holds the a-g.

Sponsored Links

Attachments

• Two_loggers_on_springboards_with_felling_axes_and_crosscut_saw,_Snohomish_County,_ca_1913_(PI...jpeg
    Two_loggers_on_springboards_with_felling_axes_and_crosscut_saw,_Snohomish_County,_ca_1913_(PI...jpeg
    80.3 KB · Views: 42
An off-topic post has been removed

Last edited by a moderator:
The only thing getting pulled is our legs, about trying to get yourself killed with a handheld tool using a toothed blade running at 10,000 revs per minute.

I knew the old health and safety card would be through in as the exsuse of if you dont destroy the independent lively hood of your jobs and business in the name of lockdown then we are all doing to die! (shame it was a hoax ay)
The old "health and safety card"? Really? That's very weak

Portable saws require a base plate on which to run - this not only ensures that the workpiece is cut at a constant depth, but also that the user can exert an amount of downwards and forwards pressure to keep the saw cutting in a straight line (although TBH with bigger saws the weight of the saw also helps). Control is also aided by the positioning of the handles and by the fact that the speed a circular saw rotates at is much slower than that of a typical angle grinder, with consequently a much lower peripheral speed

As to your linked disc, have you ever actually used one of them? I actually doubt it. But I have used them in anger on a paying job, and I know that they aren't specifically designed for cutting wood - they are much more for handling composite structures such as cement fibreboard bonded onto OSB, and that the cut quality is pretty horrible on that when seen in comparison to a regular carbide tooth saw blade used in a portable circular sawb cutting OSB alone. Those Bosch blades can also kick back pretty viciously if you over feed them or twist them in the cut (just like a conventional grinding disc will), and they don't last too long on wood, either. In point of fact they are designed much like the segmented discs used to cut stone and metal (on a grinder) i.e. without any teeth and segmented. The cutting action is as a result of carbide grit bonded to the outer edges of the disc abrading its' way through the material much like a grinding wheel would abrade its' way through stone or metal. So they aren't a saw blade at all - but like any other grinding wheel they need to be used with respect.

so it dose not say the tool is unsafe right! but is the blade cutting or grinding
In action it is a grinding wheel - as stated above

Angle grinders are probably one of the more dangerous power tools (and bear in mind that is coming from someone who routinely uses routers, power planers, all sorts of power saws, alligator saws, recip saws, etc for a living) because (I feel) the small size and light weight of the small 4-1/2in and 5in (115 and 125mm) grinders deceives people into thinking they aren't able to do much harm, and that they can get away with a one hand grip (which BTW you shouldn't do with those Bosch discs). The fact that many small angle grinders have lock-on power switches as opposed to paddle switches doesn't help safe usage either. In reality they are responsible for quite a lot of injuries.

As to COVID and your theories on that, please take your comments to a more appropriate place

As to your linked disc, have you ever actually used one of them? I actually doubt it. But I have uzzed them, and I know that they aren't specifically designed for cutting wood - much more for handling composites such as cement fibreboard bonded onto OSB, and the cut quality is pretty horrible on that in comparison to a regular carbide tooth saw blade used in a portable circular saw being used on OSB alone. The Bosch blades can also kick back pretty viciously if you over feed them or twist them in the cut (just like a conventional grinding disc will), and they don't last too long on wood, either. In point of fact they are designed much like the segmented discs used to cut stone and metal (on a grinder) without any teeth. The cutting action is as a result of carbide grit bonded to the outer edges of the disc abrading its' way through the material like a grinding wheel would abrade its' way through stone or metal. So they aren't a saw blade at all - but like any other grinding wheel they need to be used with respect.
No I have not used one; but for cutting wood are they as much use as a metal grinder/ cutting blade?

An off-topic post has been removed

No I have not used one; but for cutting wood are they as much use as a metal grinder/ cutting blade?
Kindly read what I wrote again - NO, they are not much use for cutting wood, they cut as rough as a bears arris (because angle grinders have no base plate and therefore the cut cannot be as controlled as it would be on a portable circular saw) AND they are a lot more risky to use because you use them on a grinder, which is inherently more dangerous than a circular saw

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back