Worcester Bosch, Why Not?

@Paul Goff
The internet is a strange place. Wb are the largest boiler manufacturer in Britain. Gas and oil boilers and the aftercare are second to none and have won loads of awards. It’s a great thing that a British manufacturer is doing so well. They have 35 % market share in the uk and do hell of a lot right. Today every three boilers bought one will be a wb.
This country doesn’t like success stories. Many brits support the underdog. Maybe this is the case on here. This site and one other talk really highly of two boilers that I have never seen in the flesh. But if you read about them on here you’d think every house has one and every man fits them. That is not the case.

There must be thousands of wb fitters out there that are too busy to sit on the internet slagging off other boilers. Because more worcesters have been fitted today than any other boiler.

You hear from a lot on here that they are a nightmare to work on and to fix......I’ve not met a customer yet who gives a **** about that. Phone wb or Bg for a fixed price repair or someone who likes fixing them

Spares for worcesters are cheaper than most and more available than most. My neighbour has just had to wait 10 days for a part to arrive for an oil boiler that wasn’t a wb. With no heating just an immersion

So all in all bud, enjoy your new boiler, the fact is that more customers recommend Worcester than any other brand so chances are you ll have friends and family who have them and are happy.

Mate of mine was fitting Baxi and viessman. He was so sick of going to jobs where the customer wanted a wb that he was losing jobs. He now fits more Worcester and is busier installing

Sponsored Links
Our WB is at least 8 years old, have it serviced yearly and never had a problem with it.

Heating engineer hasn't got a bad word to say about them and happy to work on it.

Sponsored Links
@Paul Goff
The internet is a strange place. Wb are the largest boiler manufacturer in Britain. Gas and oil boilers and the aftercare are second to none and have won loads of awards. It’s a great thing that a British manufacturer is doing so well. They have 35 % market share in the uk and do hell of a lot right. Today every three boilers bought one will be a wb.
This country doesn’t like success stories. Many brits support the underdog. Maybe this is the case on here. This site and one other talk really highly of two boilers that I have never seen in the flesh. But if you read about them on here you’d think every house has one and every man fits them. That is not the case.

There must be thousands of wb fitters out there that are too busy to sit on the internet slagging off other boilers. Because more worcesters have been fitted today than any other boiler.

You hear from a lot on here that they are a nightmare to work on and to fix......I’ve not met a customer yet who gives a **** about that. Phone wb or Bg for a fixed price repair or someone who likes fixing them

Spares for worcesters are cheaper than most and more available than most. My neighbour has just had to wait 10 days for a part to arrive for an oil boiler that wasn’t a wb. With no heating just an immersion

So all in all bud, enjoy your new boiler, the fact is that more customers recommend Worcester than any other brand so chances are you ll have friends and family who have them and are happy.

Mate of mine was fitting Baxi and viessman. He was so sick of going to jobs where the customer wanted a wb that he was losing jobs. He now fits more Worcester and is busier installing

Thanks for the considered answer Dok :), I was curious about the anti WB feeling on here, clearly it is to late to for me to fret about it anyway! I am very much enjoying the fact that my new boiler starts, near silently and on cue every time, and that it is load modulating + weather compensating. The twenty year old boiler was just an early condensing one but I am hoping for more widely spaced visits by the LPG tanker ;)

Contract I work on is exclusively WB boilers. So work on nothing but. Like every boiler they have their foibles. Most of which can be eradicated by fitting onto clean system and fitting a mini expansion on cold mains ( left hand block and water turbine adaptor are prone to leaking otherwise) amazing how many are installed without. Apart from that they are as reliable as any other boiler out there. As an engineer more room less plastic and a case that s not designed by a div would be better. And you do pay extra £££ for the name. On the + side the parts are readily available and come with every o-ring gasket screw you need. The aftercare is good. Saying all that when I put a new boiler in mine 10 years ago it was a baxi and I've never had to touch it apart from changing the diaphragm and would replace with another baxi when it needs replacing.

I had a Worcester 24i in my last house. In 12 years it needed a gas valve and maybe a fan. Seemed right enough to me.

In my mothers house I fitted an Ideal c90ff 14 years ago, it needed a hot water switch replacing 2 yrs ago £11 and that,s it.

Contract I work on is exclusively WB boilers. So work on nothing but. Like every boiler they have their foibles. Most of which can be eradicated by fitting onto clean system and fitting a mini expansion on cold mains ( left hand block and water turbine adaptor are prone to leaking otherwise) amazing how many are installed without. Apart from that they are as reliable as any other boiler out there. As an engineer more room less plastic and a case that s not designed by a div would be better. And you do pay extra £££ for the name. On the + side the parts are readily available and come with every o-ring gasket screw you need. The aftercare is good.

This is the fairest comment so far on this thread IMO.

Saying all that when I put a new boiler in mine 10 years ago it was a baxi and I've never had to touch it apart from changing the diaphragm and would replace with another baxi when it needs replacing.

If I were replacing my own boiler I'd probably go for an Ideal Logic+ or max,
mais "à chacun son goût"

Where do you start?
Built back to front and not service/ repair friendly.
Plastic which is unsuitable for tap water.
Prvs in stupid unbelievable position.
Casings designed by a muppet.
Ghastly boilers.
The fill loop key caper must have been designed by an utter psycho.....yes,,,prv in ridiculous position...stupid case fittings,,,etc etc

Have just replaced a 30cdi combi with a new open-vent system in an extended house. Just for exercise stripped parts from the WB which was harder with it drained on the bench than most combis are in situ. I would defy anyone to be have been able to replace the hydraulic parts on it. All o-ringed components literally welded together and had to be prised apart with hammer and chisel. Yes the boiler is well worn, but so are Vaillants and Baxis etc that I visit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back