Working on Saturdays

S

Soggy_weetabix

Justa general question here.

Do you charge a normal rate for saturday / sunday work?

If people want a service on their boiler on a saturday I charge a 50% extra as its not an urgent call. 100% extra on a sunday.

The credit crunch cannot be hitting home here as Im fully booked tommorow and have a sundays morning work. Its the same every week.

I do urgent repairs on weekday rates always but obviously people have money to burn?

David

Sponsored Links
i charge 3 different rates day - evening - night.
as you say higher rates saturday/sunday.

Time and a half Saturday morning, double time Saturday afternoon / all day Sunday if weekends is at the customers request. Normal time if it is for my convenience.

I'm working all weekend again :(

i do a weekend job once in a blue moon and it has to be worth it. weekends are for the family, otherwise whats the point?

Sponsored Links
The way things are a going i will have to work 14 days a week there is a nob a running around at the moment doing gas safety inspections and epc,s for £70 for both the end days are a coming fast now where did i put that rope me going to find a hangmans tree see yea in the next world.

Bye BOB

i do a weekend job once in a blue moon and it has to be worth it. weekends are for the family, otherwise whats the point?

I don't have a family, so go out money grabbing most weekends :LOL:

whilst hanging around in the back garden i have thought of a great idea to make money but i cant tell yea has this will be like drilling holes in my bannana boat, like the old cat said there is more ways than one to shave a pirates beard.

or even 10 if i don't like ya. that rate is then just what i feel like charging.

I'm with you on that one; rate is proportional to difficulty of all factors - ease of getting access, promptness of client, cleanliness of surroundings when working, number & quality of cups of tea, etc..

And sometimes rates have to be 'socially engineered' downwards for people who are down on their luck.

Sponsored Links
Back