WRONG MAN

Sponsored Links
Freddie, I don't care if you do swop things from one thread to the other, all these threads are the same subject. You (and the same goes for others, maybe me?) may not like the results of the actions of a small number, but that does not excuse a wholesale attack on a social group. In addition, an attempt at explaining the reasons for some act does not necessarily indicate support for that action, neither does the fact someone "is doing their job" justify the policies behind the system. The policeman who did the shooting is controlled by a relatively faceless overseer. Who in turn is probably indirectly controlled by Dubya.

They arent the same Oilman they were perfectly good threads on different things but just ended up as one big mess

.......i would like it if every new thread wasn't hijacked by insults from one to another, simply based on arguments from previous discussions. im not going to check who else has 'cross-threaded', but if we all stop now, we could have some real discussion!!

Then it wouldn't be a REAL discussion, it would be a fantasy one as we all pretend the last one existed in another world. History is important, it tends to repeat itself.

Sponsored Links
oilman wrote
The policeman who did the shooting is controlled by a relatively faceless overseer. Who in turn is probably indirectly controlled by Dubya.

im sorry oilman but you are completeley wrong, and that comment shows a complete lack of understanding or any grasp of how the system works and what pressure a firearms officer is under.

Any officer has to satisfy themselves that the action they take is lawful and justifiable under section 67 of the criminal law act and the human rights act and that is drummed into them to the point, where they have to recite the legislation and sin it when they draw the firearms.. That is a decision made soley and only by him. No officer can order him to fire or make the decsion for him. Every officer is trained and highly trained to make that split second decsion based upon the information ha has and the situation in front of him. He then has to justify that decsion. He knows once he has made that decision, based on his perception, and noone elses at the time, that it will be picked and pulled apart in the minutest of detail afterwards, a luxury he doesnt have at the time.

Ive asked you a couple of times what you would have done in that situation and youve not answered. Thats fine but there are people who are put in that situation and they have to answer through their actions and often in a court of law afterwards, whilst doing their duty and hoping to go home to their families at night. Mistakes get made, either through the actions of the individual or through the information he is given which helps to form the threat in his thought process as he deals with the incident. That is a very heavy burden to carry. Have a think about it

Slogger said:
FWL_Engineer

very well put engineer

oilman ? why make personal remarks keep it to a debate ok thanks

as for the said dead man i refer to engineers responce

err the bit about brits abroad haveing shooters pointed at them ? running is ok if you think your faster than a bullet

time will probably tell why this man ran or it wont who knows all i know is i am glad the police are there doing what they do

hard times demands hard decisions be glad your not the one making life or death split second decisions

if any bobbys are reading this take heart the majority of the british public are on your side but then you would know that

please be aware the MOD will take action if we start slagging each other off i shouold know
:eek:
Well said slogger

The Police did not shoot this guy it was security personnel(SAS !!)
As the Police Commisioner said "He regrets this death but "Shoot To Kill" policies will stay
"The man was running onto a crowded Tube Train he had failed to stop to *Security Personnals *warnings/an they HAD shouted POLICE an STOP upto 400 yard sprint behind him ...
The man was shot to stop him entering the train to stop a suicide attack , if the security forces had just tried to arrest this man an let him detonate a bomb , we would be looking at a huge loss of live .."

the stupid twonk got shot boohoo ..boohoo

Back