WRONG MAN

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The man shot yesterday was unconnected as the news now tells us, but as regards terrorism i still support the police actions of shoot first.

For some reason this man ran when challenged and ended up dead, in my view another victim of the terrorists actions as with out their murderous campaign this wouldnt have happened.

Even so, poor s** and his family must be in bits.

But thats what happens when this crap starts, it's always the inocents, and rarely the ones who start or cause this crap

Sponsored Links
I blame the terrorsts for his death.
If the 2 terrorist attacks had not taken place in London, this unfortunate man would have been alive today.
The police were at a heightened threat concerning random attacks and 4
of the terrorists involved were still at large.
I feel for the family of the victim as well as the others who were innocently killed by the terrorists.

I said elsewhere ...
......Just a thought -- how many Brits live in Spain and cannot use the language? Would they understand or be understood in a highly charged situation?
I think an older person confronted with gun toting individuals would hands up and stand still ... Younger types, perhaps a petty or notso petty crim, not understanding the lingo, just may make a dash for it.....
For the sake of all concerned I hope he deserved the bullets,
Quote:
...One witness said that the man had wires trailing from his jacket and what appeared to be a bomb belt....

P....

So the bomb belt was rubbish reporting or witness recollection - not easy- ... and the bullets undeserved.

It appears from a sketch of the shooting, prepared from eyewitness accounts.. The plain clothes guys were in jeans and tee shirts without anything to distinguish them as active officials .. I thought they had similar to baseball caps ready to wear when necessary, due to breaking cover..
Having said that special forces would not wear them.
In the panic of shouting etc .. what do you do if confronted by guys in casual kit perhaps with a gun with no official uniform or headgear?
I know now ! Hands up stand still, pray they are not muggers.
Not a good scene at all.
:eek:

Sponsored Links
it is a shame. however we were told by the police that the shot man was definitely directly linked and under surveillance, and now he's completely unrelated. whats going on?

pipme said:
In the panic of shouting etc .. what do you do if confronted by guys in casual kit perhaps with a gun with no official uniform or headgear?

i don't know the circumstances, obviously, but why did the guy keep running?? if some blokes said 'police stop', why would you keep running?? particularly if failed terrorist attacks took place the day before on the tube network, you're wearing a thick jacket, and you're 'jumping over ticket barriers' and running onto a tube. you can't blame the policemen for acting the way they did, and if they get investigated and charged, that would be a shame. then again noone knows the exact circumstances surrounding this death.

What had alerted the police to this man? very unfortunate state of affairs but they must have seen him do something or been put onto him. Out of all the people entering that busy tube in a very multi cultural area they picked out him, why??

pipme said:
I said elsewhere ...
......Just a thought -- how many Brits live in Spain and cannot use the language? Would they understand or be understood in a highly charged situation?
I think an older person confronted with gun toting individuals would hands up and stand still ... Younger types, perhaps a petty or notso petty crim, not understanding the lingo, just may make a dash for it.....
For the sake of all concerned I hope he deserved the bullets,
Quote:
...One witness said that the man had wires trailing from his jacket and what appeared to be a bomb belt....

P....

So the bomb belt was rubbish reporting or witness recollection - not easy- ... and the bullets undeserved.

It appears from a sketch of the shooting, prepared from eyewitness accounts.. The plain clothes guys were in jeans and tee shirts without anything to distinguish them as active officials .. I thought they had similar to baseball caps ready to wear when necessary, due to breaking cover..
Having said that special forces would not wear them.
I know now ! Hands up stand still, pray the are not muggers.
Not a good scene at all.

I understand exactly what you say Pipme, but try and put yourself in that situ on either side of the fence---not great is it. If you shoot he's dead if you dont you and all the others are dead, what would you do Pipme???

Stop trying to justify your attitude Freddie (and all of you other mob members), me and Kendor have been councelling you till we're blue in the face to moderate your approach to this whole subject. And I WILL say "I told you so".

Either you or slogger posed the question ".......so you think you're better than us?" I used to get asked this by the bullies at school who had run out of reason and were now looking for a starting handle to begin the violence. No, I don't think I'm better than you, I KNOW I'm better than you. You two ran out of reason so you start the violence, if not against me, then anyone upon whom you choose to vent your spleen.

Now what are the plonks doing, they are blaming the terrorists for this guy's death. IT WAS THE POLICEMAN WOT SHOT HIM!!!!!! It's about time people took responsibility for what they do, and just as damaging WHAT THEY SAY BEFORE THEY KNOW THE FACTS. Most of the contributions to these recent threads have been "shoot first.....er, that's it".

I don't feel good about this, I feel bloody angry!!!!!! Another innocent shot, and people have the cheek to try and justify it. Wait till it's one of your family, and don't think it can't happen.

ah yes, the police......very quick to close major roads, run people over, and shoot people that carry table legs, and of course go for early retirement .

but if you want them to actually police your town.......

I am not knocking the guy with the shooter, thinking more in terms of the panic situation and possibly being unable to know who in hell is who.. Which is what seems to have happened.

Apparently, the house this guy emrged from, was already under surveilance, therefore some time was available for forethought ... How in hell did the guy get from the house to the subway ... better he exploded in the street than in confines of underground .. I would have thought.

You may have seen the documentary at the police training school a month or two ago, (it has now closed). This should alert you to the fact that the police are not all nice calm rational people, and quite a few of them have guns, (and they don't like non-anglo-saxon races.)

There were warnings about the increasing level of arms being carried by anybody in that the number of shootings would increase. While police are carrying guns they will do so increasingly, and the situation will get worse. Oh, there has been at least one case in this country where police were caught on the local cctv beating up a guy, but perhaps they were brave policemen, like the ones that held someone down in a cell , but the fool went and died on them, most inconsiderate.

Oh good another police basher wilhelm. Were you singing their praises two weeks ago when they had tto wade in and sort the mess out? would you want to go down a tunnel full of the burnt bits and pieces of the dead, spending 8 hours down there day after day? would you want to make the life or death decsion of shooting or not shooting, knowing whatever you do you someone will die, them or potentially you and the people around you? would you want to search bus and trains to see if there are anymore devices on there? would you to have the job of entering a flat knowing the guy on the other side had the potential to kill you? Would you want to answer the call to go to an explosion on the tube knowing potentialy that it was a chemical attack, and that if you go there you could die?

Would you?

So thermo, even if wilhelm answers your rhetorical questions, are you saying that because they do all that, then it justifies their killing people who just happen to be around? Well are you?

You don't really need to answer, you seem to be in the Freddie/slogger camp.

I don't dislike the police in general, some i have met are really nice guys, some are friends, some are relatives, but even they admit there are some in the force they would rather were somewhere else.

coppers are paid to do a job. well i expect them to do it. i also expect them to be trained . it appears to me they are just a little to full of "hormones" i can expect it from soldiers...cos thats what its all about..killing people. but coppers......?

Sponsored Links
Back