WTO in a nutshell - I don't have the answer for that

Sponsored Links
DP's opinion of international treaties.
Trade is about buying and selling to people who want to buy and sell as easily as possible, the problem starts when politicians start to interfere.
If someone in France wants to buy or sell stuff from or to someone in Britain why should politicians be allowed to throw up obstacles to prevent something that Britain and Europe have been doing for 1000's of years.

Britain and Europe have been doing for 1000's of years.

With blockades, embargoes, tariffs, non-tariff barriers, incompatible specifications....

Yep, you want to go back to the days of pirates, smugglers and the Preventive Men.

And plenty of wars, of course.

are you truly ignorant, or just crazy?

Sponsored Links
With blockades, embargoes, tariffs, non-tariff barriers, incompatible specifications....

Yep, you want to go back to the days of pirates, smugglers and the Preventive Men.

And plenty of wars, of course.

are you truly ignorant, or just crazy?
What is the relevance about pirates etc to what Vinty was saying? I do hope you're not implying that leaving the EU will mean we go back to those days.

Vintry says he likes the idea of going back to
something that Britain and Europe have been doing for 1000's of years.

I don't.

View media item 3017
The men who founded the European Community had just survived the worst war the world had ever seen. The middle-aged and older ones had also survived the second-worst war the world has ever seen. Nothing was more important to them than preventing a recurrence. Co-operation in trade was not the objective, it was the means.

Peace.jpg

back to the days of pirates

According to JohnD after Brexit the UK waters will be teaming with Pirates.

I expect he has got congused with Somalia, a place he a thing about judging how often he mentions that country :ROFLMAO:

True, but it was a reason in the common market, the "club" we signed up for, which has now mutated into the eu, which is NOT what we signed up for.
How does the EU differ from the Common Market and how does it affect you personally, Hate?

Trade is about buying and selling to people who want to buy and sell as easily as possible, the problem starts when politicians start to interfere.
If someone in France wants to buy or sell stuff from or to someone in Britain why should politicians be allowed to throw up obstacles to prevent something that Britain and Europe have been doing for 1000's of years.

So I can't see where he thinks we will go back to pirates, or wars. Can you please point them out to me? Thanks.
Vintry says he likes the idea of going back to

I don't.

View media item 3017
The men who founded the European Community had just survived the worst war the world had ever seen. The middle-aged and older ones had also survived the second-worst war the world has ever seen. Nothing was more important to them than preventing a recurrence. Co-operation in trade was not the objective, it was the means.
The only war I can see coming is between remainers and leavers!

Precisely,,the whingers like to think flogging commodities is up there difficulty wise with discovering anti matter in your garden shed with a couple of spanners.Where in reality,the froggies can either have a chat about flogging us champers using a new deal,or they can pour it down the drain..!!!!..

Read about the history of EU...Set up by five countries to support Coal,Steel Industries..We joined 20 odd years later..Where the fek have the mines and Steel works gone!.....GERMANY.ICI Wilton on Teesside is a sorry sight now..Vastly different to driving past similair sites in Cologne!!...Argue all day whether its the EU fault, but it sure to Fek has not helped us out with those industries!

Sponsored Links
Back