WW3

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Will it ever happen? If it does, then it will be about oil. So could we say that it has actually started with the invasion of Kuwait? And then the second gulf war against Iraq? Will there be a war against Iran? Will Iran attack Israel?
Is a world war winnable? Or would it just send us back to the stone age?
Was Einstein right when he said:

“ I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”

What do you think?

(I'd even be interested to hear what ex forces man megawatt has to say on the subject.)

Sponsored Links
tell you what joe ,there did not seem many (wots it face's) :confused: in the march past yesterday mainly blanco boys :eek: wot you think

tell you what joe ,there did not seem many (wots it face's) :confused: in the march past yesterday mainly blanco boys :eek: wot you think

wot's it faces? (or should that be wotsit faces?)

This was new to me whilst browsing yesterday.

i suppose that if joe's theory is correct, then when the oil runs out, there will be no more wars.

yippeee.

Sponsored Links
I have heard the next serious wars will be about the supply of fresh water.

Ridiculous, you can make fresh water.

Maybe on the moon, and on mars. This will be the start of intergalactic conflict.

I'm of that belief too. Some countries have built big dams, the effect of which is to take the water from the next country the water should run through.

no i dont think you can class differnt short wars as world war 3, but i see what you mean.

Wars mainly come down to economics and the avaliability of one countrys resources compared to another. That is in effect how Thatcher and Reagan ended the cold war by escalating the arms race and forcing russia to her knees by the amount they spent on the military. There may be small countries that decide to take on one of the super powers, but the effects of a war must surely be localised or shortlived compared to the world wars we knew before.

I dont think any of the real nuclear states are prepared to go any further than brinksmanship to achieve their ends against another superpower or emerging superpower. The smaller countries may possibly be willing or foolish enough to back themselves into a corner to do so (as saddam did in the first gulf war, the second would have happened whatever he did i think) However they do have limited resources at their disposal, be it nuclear or conventional munitions. Whilst the effect of such a war will be devestating, i still think it will be localised in terms of the fighting, but the countries involved will also find themselves open to warfare at home on the terrorist front

If you dont mind me saying Joe, have a look out of the windo on a bright sunny morning, or look at the faces of your children. You might actually see that the world is a beautiful place, and if you turn the tv off and dont read the newspapers for a week or two, you might actually feel that the world is not such a crappy place

you can get busy living or get busy dying. id rather die a happy man

There are two things in this world that will never change. The amount of ENERGY we have, and the amount of WATER we have. Energy is never lost or created. Merely stored or converted.

There are two things in this world that will never change. The amount of ENERGY we have, and the amount of WATER we have. Energy is never lost or created. Merely stored or converted.

Erm, yeah, but the point is Isaac, is that the energy available in a form humans like, won't be around forever.

Lets hope it doesnt eh...who evers fighting..

No one 'wins' wars.

Sponsored Links
Back