You could not make it up

Site safety in england is a joke any way.

I knew a site which didn't allow the use of step ladders to go up a few feet to check ac units in offices.
The lads had to hire out and then erect a tower scaffold. Then dismantle it every time they had to move to the next office. And there was dozens of them.

The company didn't care as the cost was just added to the clients invoice.
The client paid the price at the end of the day and than passed it on to his customers presumambly.
That's productivity for you english style.

You couldn't have put it any better, I had a Romanian guy chop my tree down and I paid him 50 quid and he laughed when I suggested that he uses a safety harness, and tie himself in case he slips or a branch backfires! and You won't believe he had that tree chopped off in no time, with bare feet! There is far too much red tape regarding safety

No there isn't. That guy was an idiot, and one day his luck will run out and he'll die. I'll stick with my PPE and make it home safely at the end of evry day thanks.

Sponsored Links
They had better learn the Romanian and Bulgarian lingo as tens of thousands of them will be flocking here next year.

Minimum wage here is six times higher so they will be coming in their multitudes.

It's all toooooooooo late to worry about now.

The damage was done many moons ago. Not enough people listened.

I can't wait for the day the pro-multicultural do-gooders suddenly wake up with the shocking realization, that we have indeed lost our country. Something the rest of us saw coming long ago.

Our own people sold us out.

Well said. I'd love to know what historians will write about this episode in our country's history in, say, a hundred years. I just hope that the blame for the damage will be placed fairly and squarely on the responsible people's doorstep.

The voters and non voters are too blame. They sat back and let it happen.

Sponsored Links

I knew a site which didn't allow the use of step ladders to go up a few feet to check ac units in offices.
The lads had to hire out and then erect a tower scaffold. Then dismantle it every time they had to move to the next office. And there was dozens of them.

The client paid the price at the end of the day and than passed it on to his customers presumambly.

Yeh there's not a lot you can do with three points of contact as you safety brief,I wonder how decorator's are getting on it must be pretty difficult hanging paper in a small room with a scaffold all round

The voters and non voters are too blame. They sat back and let it happen.

I think that depends on who you voted for. Even then, whoever is voted into power says one thing and then, when it's too late, does the opposite.

Yeh there's not a lot you can do with three points of contact as you safety brief,I wonder how decorator's are getting on it must be pretty difficult hanging paper in a small room with a scaffold all round

You've never heard of podiums or sherpas either then?

I would think that hanging wallpaper from a tower would be loads easier and certainly a lot safer.

I would think that hanging wallpaper from a tower would be loads easier and certainly a lot safer.

Yeah sure it would. Suppose you would expect the decorator to wear a harness too and have about as much free movement as a trussed up turkey.

Why don't you go and stick yer hi vis jacket where the sun don't shine.
Fooking muppet.

OOh and incidentally, if a decorator walks from a glue table to the tower with a prepped sheet, how the fook is he expected to clamour up the tower?

They had better learn the Romanian and Bulgarian lingo as tens of thousands of them will be flocking here next year.

Minimum wage here is six times higher so they will be coming in their multitudes.

It's all toooooooooo late to worry about now.

The damage was done many moons ago. Not enough people listened.

I can't wait for the day the pro-multicultural do-gooders suddenly wake up with the shocking realization, that we have indeed lost our country. Something the rest of us saw coming long ago.

Our own people sold us out.

Well said. I'd love to know what historians will write about this episode in our country's history in, say, a hundred years. I just hope that the blame for the damage will be placed fairly and squarely on the responsible people's doorstep.

Yep.
It will be a shameful read indeed.

Yeah sure it would. Suppose you would expect the decorator to wear a harness too and have about as much free movement as a trussed up turkey.

Fooking muppet.

OOh and incidentally, if a decorator walks from a glue table to the tower with a prepped sheet, how the fook is he expected to clamour up the tower?

Why do you need to get abusive because someone disagrees with you?

There is no need to wear a harness when working on a tower.

Fooking muppet.

Why do you need to get abusive because someone disagrees with you?

There is no need to wear a harness when working on a tower.

Because I can't stand you're sort. Fooking jobsworths.
I play safe when it suits me. Not when I'm told by someone who hasn't a clue.

You couldn't have put it any better, I had a Romanian guy chop my tree down and I paid him 50 quid and he laughed when I suggested that he uses a safety harness, and tie himself in case he slips or a branch backfires! and You won't believe he had that tree chopped off in no time, with bare feet! There is far too much red tape regarding safety

No there isn't. That guy was an idiot, and one day his luck will run out and he'll die. I'll stick with my PPE and make it home safely at the end of evry day thanks.

You bet! I will tell you one thing, you would never know when your luck might run out despite taking all the necessary precautions, take for instance that guy walking to work and he could never have predicted in a million years that a helicopter was going to fall right over him! and he sadly died along with the pilot in that London heli crash recently.

Yes I agree that if you cut trees regularly, then let us say the odds are that one day 0ut of say 10,000 days the luck might run out, but if he is only going to chop my tree every 5 years, he could live longer than probably me, I could die as a result of a falling tree branch, that could have prevented my death if had my fellow mate chopped that bleeding branch in the first place!

I think the harness is for those who don't know how to stand firmly on a tree and maintain balance whilst operating machinery correctly, yes if the machinery was not being operated correctly then you could be thrown down, or a branch may knock you down as you attempt chopping it incorrectly.

So yes the safety harness is for idiots who don't really know how to perform job safely and H & S is only there because of so many idiots about!

put it another way, if everyone drove with great care and attention, and not speeding or driving dangerously, then there wouldn't be any accidents and so we wouldn't have to wear a safety belt, as one time we didn't have to, because we all drove with care, and now modern man has no patient!, so a s a result we all have to wear one, because of these idiots who drive fast and carelessly!

Well I think it makes sense in this situation to teach native English speakers a few choice foreign words if you are working with non-native speakers. Building sites are dangerous places and if you can get your point over short and sharp it has to be a good thing. Who knows, the life you save might be your own.

Norcon said:
I knew a site which didn't allow the use of step ladders to go up a few feet to check ac units in offices. The lads had to hire out and then erect a tower scaffold. Then dismantle it every time they had to move to the next office.

Which just goes to show that there's many a true word spoken in jest:

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=903939#903939

Don't say I didn't warn you. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Chapeu. So are they also going to give the british workers special powers to work out what nationality the foreign worker is just by looking at him then quickly flick through 10 or so eastern european languages in his head for the right phrase to be used .
Instead of the split second it takes to shout.....Get out the f##king way

Sponsored Links
Back