You know you're a DIY expert when..........

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
You know you're a DIY expert when:

1. The Screwfix/Wickes mini catalogue becomes a permanent fixture next to the toilet
2. You spend hours in work using Word to sketch out the DIY job for that weekend
3. You have 7 tins of WD-40 in convienent locations around the house
4. You buy things that you don't need but will look good in the toolbox
5. The DIY store staff know your first name
6. You know all of the different shades of white
7. After 6 months of light DIYing, you think installing central heating is childsplay
8. You've got the tradesman's 'sucking in of air, shaking the head and tutting' down to a tee
9. You have a tool belt
10. You know that rubbing a graphite pencil on a hinge will stop the squeak
11. Sarah Beeny is your Pin-Up
12. The DIY book the in-laws got you for christmas remains unopened, do they think you're a bloody amateur?!
13. You've got the plumber's, electrician's and builder's mobile numbers in your phone in case of a DIY feck up.
14. You're suspicius of proper tradesmen
15. You have a trailer
16. You buy a router to save money on 'expensive' tongue and grooving
17. Use of the B&Q cafe is strictly prohibited, its for part-timers, not hardcore DIYers like yourself
18. You think you don't need a spirit level. You do.
19. You have a large collection of wood in the shed, just in case.
20. You know what Denso tape is and what its used for
21. 'Discovery Home and Leisure' and 'H&L +1' are in your Sky favourites
22. Complete renovation of a cow shed doesn't faze you
23. You have a compost bin
24. Criticise professionals work in pubs and on holiday, calling them 'a bunch of cowboys'
25. You have a tape measure in your car
26. On a two-man job, its always the other persons fault
27. You become a HSS Hire shop to all your mates
28. You stop to appreciate your handywork at least once a day
29. Your work is never done
30. You can unscrew a screw with a hammer.

Sponsored Links
........when your wife leaves you because she is fed up with sub-standard rubbish jobs that take forever by an over enthusiastic weirdo who actually enjoys doing building work!

I put one of them 6ft square mirrors on our bedroom ceiling last week. Anyway, Saturday night, I had to take the missus to hospital because it fell off. :eek:
The nurse was asking about her injuries and I explained (rather sheepishly) about the mirror on the ceiling falling off. "Ahh," says the nurse, "That explains the lacerations on her back, but how did she break her jaw?"
"Well, No one, but no one , questions my DIY skills." :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I put one of them 6ft square mirrors on our bedroom ceiling last week. Anyway, Saturday night, I had to take the missus to hospital because it fell off. :eek:
The nurse was asking about her injuries and I explained (rather sheepishly) about the mirror on the ceiling falling off. "Ahh," says the nurse, "That explains the lacerations on her back, but how did she break her jaw?"
"Well, No one, but no one , questions my DIY skills." :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Back