You were correct all along JohnD

I am not aware of the EU having held a referendum of EU citizens, never mind one that they declared, prior to the referendum, would be binding and not advisory. Please tell me which referenda you mean.

Are you saying you're not aware of the referendum results that the eu ignored?
Blimey.o_O

Sponsored Links
You mean like the supremacy of the eu parliament where by they totally ignore referendum results.
That's what I class as a dictatorship.

The Eu afaik have not ignored any ref results or ever called a referendum

you may be referring to some countries like Ireland who had to call a referendum under there constitution over certain aspects of certain EU treaties

were the Irish voted against some thing which would in effect have meant that any said EU treaty was thrown out ?

So the Irish called another referendum & would have kept having them until they got the answer they/EU wanted :):):)

which they did

Sponsored Links
It is right that parliament is consulted over this Brexit / article 50 & the terms of the U.k's exit from the EU

This royal prerogative or executive decision making were parliament is not consulted has been used far to much . how ever

The U.K is so entwined in E,U law & regs that has occurred over the last 30 / 40 years , that if parliament (and the lords) was consulted on every aspect of it

it would take decades ??? there fore at some stage Executive powers will have to be given to Ministers in order to deal with it.

Executive powers will mean that they will make decisions with out having to consult parliament

Tis just the way it will be ;)

Are you saying you're not aware of the referendum results that the eu ignored?
Blimey.o_O

Than again you may have a point ?

several countries had referendums over certain E.U treaties (mastricht ?) which voted against some thing in the treaty ??? which would in effect have killed the treaty or part of the treaty off ?? dead in the water ?

the EU ignored this ? &just changed the wording in the treaty ? so it said some thing else , but meant the same :) and got it passed

E.U democracy :LOL:

Read me

Funny but it does not mention the remoaners having mislead voters. A lot of people believe that had the brexiters been told the truth, the vote would have gone the other way. By a mile.
Where's the instant budget of doom and gloom Osborne promised us if we voted to leave?? Ahh I see, you were not lied to by Project Fear. Hmmmmmmmmmm

Hate is deliberately lying for his own entertainment.

20% down in 12 months is the figure.

Not "according to JohnD"

Count it yourself.

Pound Sterling to Dollar

And your point being ? 75% of that drop was before Brexit.
How do you work that out?

December - 1.50 ish
June 23 - 1.48 rising -1.3% since December
June 24 - 1.33 -10% since June 23 (1 day)
Today - 1.24 -16% since June 23

Do you mean before the referendum? Brexit hasn't happened yet.

yes, it looks like you are denying the supremacy of the UK Parliament, which is why I asked you to confirm it

It is not at all clear who you think is responsible for passing UK laws, which is why I asked you, but you have not answered.

I'm not denying anything, I was merely saying what the judgement means. I have no idea why you are relating that to who I think should be responsible for passing UK laws, although I reckon my posts make that pretty clear.

Sponsored Links
Back