Zut Alors!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
or an aging population and a less healthy, increasingly overweight population places an ever increasing burden on a service.

or an aging population and a less healthy, increasingly overweight population places an ever increasing burden on a service.

Is becoming overweight and a burden an inevitability of old age?

Do you intend to be overweight and a burden, if and when you reach your silver and golden years?

Is it just a symptom of wider societal issues?

Could our government set in motion the structures and attitudes, to encourage healthier old age as the default, and not the exception?

That is exactly what the government should be doing.

Encouraging healthier lifestyles means we cost the state far far less. But it's our responsibility not any government.

I'm 15kg heavier than I was when I was racing bicycles at a competitive level (TT and Ultra Enduro MTB). But every once in a while I have a blitz and shed 10kg in a few months. As you get older, you have to manage your fitness in waves, you cannot be tip top fitness 365, like you can in your 20s.

Do you intend to be overweight and a burden, if and when you reach your silver and golden years?
I'll probably have a heart attack at sea or drown on a race. But I intend not to be a burden nor massively overweight. We can all take responsibility for our life choices

Last edited:
That is exactly what the government should be doing.
And can plan for
Encouraging healthier lifestyles means we cost the state far far less. But it's our responsibility not any government.
And can encourage, easily
I'm 15kg heavier than I was when I was racing bicycles at a competitive level (TT and Ultra Enduro MTB). But every once in a while I have a blitz and shed 10k in a few months. As you get older, you have to manage your fitness in waves, you cannot be tip top fitness 365, like you can in your 20s.
Agree. It's not sudden, it's been happening for ever. Shouldn't be a surprise, and it's not a reason for any excuse

Sponsored Links
Back