On "swearing" and the automatic filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In a recent post I replied to a Moderator "You're a c**t".

That post was removed, as has been every single request of mine for a civil and rational explanation for its removal.

You see, I've looked in my dictionary (which is quite a good one), and I can't find c**t in it at all, let alone finding it with definitions which include swearing.

Is there any chance that this issue can be debated here, or are the moderators and admin going to persist in behaving as if repeatedly deleting my posts will make the issue go away?

Sponsored Links
Flaming isn't always the way to get results or rationed response, but I do agree that the censorship is possibly getting OTT on here. if someone says xxxx is a xxxxx then that is directly confrontational but saying FFS isn't just expressing disbelief

my own posting include rewordings for Gassafe and Capita these are born out of frustration with an INCOMPETENT shower of SH*TE who are about to cause major chaos to our gas registrations

there has to be a line drawn somewhere but at the moment it seems Moderators are wielding the axe a little on the heavy side.

But most people can express themselves without having to resort to swearing or implying swear words. Certainly I try my best not to stoop to that level.

Sponsored Links
I think you'll find it means slang for the female genetalia, or an offensive name which you may use to belittle someone.
Try typing it into here: http://dictionary.reference.com/[/QUOTE]
Tried that - can't see the string 'c**t' in there.

But most people can express themselves without having to resort to swearing or implying swear words. Certainly I try my best not to stoop to that level.
But I didn't swear.

I wrote "c**t".

Can you find that in any dictionary anywhere, let alone find it with a definition which makes it a swear word?

So why not type "cart" then, instead of typing something that could be deliberately misunderstood?

It implies a swear word does it not?
How can it possibly imply anything?

It's just a sequence of 4 characters:

c,*,*,t.

The forum's own software, and the moderators' actions leave no doubt whatsoever that it cannot possibly imply anything at all, and as I can't find it in the dictionary, (and nor, so far, can anybody else) I can't see why all my posts containing it should be deleted, and why all my posts asking why are also deleted.

Maybe if the people responsible had enough respect for contributors to behave with a shred of decency and would explain why, and would show the logic and consistency behind their actions, then I might understand, but so far all they have done is to behave in a way which to me says that either they do not believe that I as a person deserve any respect or that they cannot come up with any credible explanation for their behaviour.

I saw your perfectly reasonable post in Electrics UK that existed for a couple of minutes. Why was it removed?

Ban-all-sheds, you have been a member of this forum almost as long as me, you know perfectly well what is and what is not acceptable, and how the forum works.
Why be a pain now over something you really know is pointless.

I'm not that daft bas, you know and I know exactly what you meant by posting that.
You can tell me what you think I meant, if you like, but it doesn't get to the root of this because it's what the moderator who deleted it thinks it meant that's the real question.

Otherwise, why go to the trouble of posting it at all?
Because it was highly relevant to a matter which the moderator concerned was refusing to address.

It was relevant, and unless someone can show me a dictionary which contains the word c**t, and defines it as something insulting or offensive etc then I think it reasonable to ask why it was deleted.

Ban-all-sheds, you have been a member of this forum almost as long as me, you know perfectly well what is and what is not acceptable, and how the forum works.
I do - and I know that how it works is sometimes unacceptable.

Why be a pain now over something you really know is pointless.
Can you find the word "c**t" in a dictionary?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back